THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    thinking of trading my 22" 6mm TCU for ???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thinking of trading my 22" 6mm TCU for ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
Well, tonight I had a wild hair and am giving thought to possibly trading my blued 22" untapered TC Custom Shop 6mm TCU Contender barrel. I have more Contender set-ups than I need, so I was thinking about another Encore barrel (but not any TC factory barrels, please) and would be willing to add cash to the equation if need be. I am interested in .22 centerfires with faster twists and even more interested in some of the medium-capacity quarterbores, esp. the AI versions, but may consider other calibers as well. ANd, I do prefer barrels of 24" or longer in the heavier contours.

This little TCU barrel will easily do sub-0.5 MOA (5-shots/100 yds) with 65 grain Bergers, Rem 7 1/2s and 28 grains of BenchMark. Other bullets do well, but this is the load I settled on and used most. The twist, while I didn't bother to check it, is supposedly 1:10, and being that it grouped well with 80 grainers, I would tend to think that 1:10 is right on the money. The rifling is excellent, and the exterior shows only very modest use; contact points, as usual, show typical Contender frame wear. Going with the barrel would be a Virgin Valley pillar-bedded walnut forend, which is equipped with a sling swivel stud. The forend shows very modest use and would rate an excellent ++.

BRass, dies (I have 2 or 3 sets of 6mm TCU dies at the moment & would not mind parting with one) and possibly some ammo (the Berger loads) & brass could be included. It currently wears a pre-Monarch 3-9x40, but I won't part with that particular Nikon. I could, however, add an Elite 3200 3-9x40 or an Elite 3200 4-12x40 AO as I have a number of these floating around at the moment.

I'd also consider a trade for a complete rifle and may consider adding a Contender frame with buttstock into the mix.

If anyone is interested, please drop me an e-mail or post to this thread.

Thanks for looking...
Bobby

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
Bobby,<br />I shoot 6mm TCU. I'm interested in one of the die sets and your ammo/brass/bullets. Send me the brands of each and a price. Thanks.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Slancey-PM sent.

Thanks,
Bobby

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote