New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outer's Foul Out?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After spending several hours today, cleaning a badly coppered bore, it came to me that time could be better spent, if the Foul Outs work as advertised.

I have never personally used one, and would like to have imput, pro and con, from users. Also, length of time it takes to clean a badly jacket fouled bore, whatever you can think of. What is the solution that is put in the barrel? Common stuff you can buy, or is it a proprietory chemical? Would Washing Soda, like we use in reverse electrolosis, work?

Shooters Cast Bullet Alumnus

Ric Carter

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Outers Foulout 11 and I like it and use it once in a while. I may be the only person who likes them.

I met a guy at the range who made one and it's chemicals from info on the net.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one. It works. IMO it's best application is a very heavily copper fouled barrel. It will take several cycles to get it clean, since a layer of copper covered by powder fouling doesn't completly clean up without going thru a cycle, cleaning the powder fouling, then another cycle. A heavily fouled barrel will deplete the chemical anyway before it's clean. It's NOT quick, taking several hours per cycle, which is why I think it's best for badly fouled barrels.

John

Posts: 89 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I use a home made one and the outers liquid. It will make the nastiest mosin rework squeaky clean in a couple of hours with little effort. Absolutely necessary to me for all really bad fouling or fouled rifles.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Was given a Foul-out II several years ago by my children (both over 21, actually much over). It works well on badly fouled bores, but is not easy sometimes. For standard shooting and while out after prairie dogs, I use Wipe-Out.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote