New
Find
Notify
Tools

First shoot of the year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just returned form 3 days of shootin squirrels. My varmint shootin pard did'nt get to my house till late morning on the 10th. We were not pulling the trigger untill 3 pm. Things started out fantastic! We shot at least 150 squirrels in around 2 hrs. There was not a breath of wind. Shots were mostly less than 75 yds. The wee ones were out in full force. What a gas! I was wondering if I brought enough ammo for the .17. I brought almost 1300 rds.
Things changed on day 2. It cooled off, and blew. The arrogent attitude of not missing but a few times the afternoon before went away, and I turned into a much humbler shooter. The shooting was still steady, and around 150 more of the little buggers bit the dust.
Day three was even colder with stronger winds, and the shots were out to 150yds. Don't want to admitt how many shots went into the dirt...but it was a ton of fun, and well over 100 of the little vermin surrendered.
I spent the last few hours of the last day running around to all the spots we shot, and made sure we left nothing but foot prints. Thanked the ranchers for the great time, and hit the road.
I can't wait for the weather to get better. I need another varmint fix before I'm back to work.
Sidewinder

Posts: 53 | Location: Bothell, Wa. | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With Quote