THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    New Weatherby.......(graphic pics)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Weatherby.......(graphic pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of steve65
posted
Hi Guys
Ive just started reloading for my 300wby i tried some 110grain VMAX at 3900+fps.....with the crony

Rifle....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/stephen1965/Picture055.jpg

Head shot at about 150meters....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/stephen1965/kerrysstuff049.jpg

Next at about 380+meters.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/stephen1965/kerrysstuff048.jpg

Shoots 5 shots into 1/2inch@100meters.

Cheers
Steve

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody Marvelouse!!
Very nice rifle and its a shooter there mate!
Happy days with that!
Any more pics of the rifle mate please.
Keith

Rhodesian in UK Armed forces.
They stole my Farm, but not my African Spirit!

Posts: 42 | Location: Rhodesian in Wiltshire UK | Registered: 19 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve65: Great looking Rifle you have there and you have it shooting very well also!
Any 300 Magnum that shoots 1/2" groups at 100 yards is "well tuned"!
Good for you!
I am notoriously "recoil shy" - or maybe I should say "recoil affected".
When I have my big guns out for range testing and I happen to take along a Varmint Rifle for sight in or load development I notice I simply can't help but get the "flinches" or the "jerks" when I switch to my light recoiling Varminters (223's etc)!
It sometimes takes me two more range sessions away from the "Magnums" before I can ease out of this recoil induced, detrimental affliction!
My latest attempt at undoing or dealing with this bad habit is to NOT shoot my Magnums very often! Thats the sissies way out I know but thats me!
Keep up the good work with your Weatherby!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of chapster1
posted Hide Post
ohh steve bloody awsome pic lol ask just shouted for the wife to rush and take a peak hehehe

Posts: 165 | Location: North Yorkshire yippeeeee | Registered: 08 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of steve65
posted Hide Post
Keith,
Yeah ill take some more pics of the rifle when i get home tonight.

Cheers
Steve

Posts: 125 | Location: malmsbury,vic,australia | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote