Find
Notify
Tools

Spouse survey?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ok guys...
So what about the other way round, ey?
Is my husband supportive of my shooting...? Well i have to say, he is... very!!!
Hes not intersted himself, prefering to play with things that have engines and loud pedals!!! [Big Grin]
But he does support me brilliantly.

I guess he just thought it was inevitable seeing as my dad was very very keen on guns before he died.
I scared in a way, i seem to be turning out a lot like him... which isnt too bad apart from his habbit for wearing jeans that allowed you to see his builders bum... a habit im desperately trying not to take up!!! lol [Big Grin] But the stubbles coming along nicely!!! lol [Big Grin]

Happy hunting [Smile]

Posts: 20 | Location: Devon, England | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife shoots her very own Rem 700 in 6mm/250. And she more or less nicked my Sako 461 in 221 Fireball. Which gave me the perfect excuse to replace it (with a Rem 700 in 6*47). She would like to think that we have enough rifles, but thus far, enough has been pretty flexible.

Posts: 121 | Location: Southern Australia | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Mine has her own Marlin Cowboy 45LC, DB shotgun, 22 Hornet, 250/3000 plus handguns. She shoots, cooks & plays music; what more could a bloke want in a partner.
She supports our hobby and I repay her with my own little nickname "Yes,Dear" [Big Grin]

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Bad Ass Wallace. I've just spit coffee all over my monitor. I've an ancestor who went by Big Foot Wallace. By any chance is your avocation slaying indigenous peoples?

Posts: 257 | Location: Radio Free Texas | Registered: 20 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky. I work part time at a gun shop and my wife doesn't mind me buying guns. In fact, she shoots sporting clays with me and I bought a couple of guns for her. Now the first wife would have been a problem. Maybe that's why she's an "ex"!!

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
"Slayin indigenous peoples?" Na I'm a lover not a killer!
Have bitch slapped daughter's boyfriend till he turned blue around the eyes; does that count? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BA Wallace--hear ya on the daughters' boyfriends. However--one of my daughters once got rid of a guy that annoyed her by bringing him around while I was cleaning rifles in the garage. She intro'd him, and told him that I "was still kinda in Saigon" but the meds did wonders. The BDU pants and obnoxious T-shirt helped. I guess.

My wife was a farm girl--hell of a hunting and fishing partner, and she shoots better than most of the deputies I work with. She has hijacked a number of my guns, but does store them in my safe. That way, I get to look at them from time to time. She HAD TO HAVE that "cute little Ruger" 77CR in 223 Rem, and cartwheels varmints with it.

Life is good.

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have our own jobs and our own hobbies and addictions. Mine are guns and old things, hers are jewelry, clothes and travel. I do my thing, she does hers.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
After 26 years of marriage, Wifezilla's given up on converting me, so she just lets me alone with my hobbies. She does her crafts, sewing, home decorating, and knick-knacks and I play with my guns and fishing tackle.
I travel for business alot and also take a hunting and fishing trip every year and when I do, I bring her fabrics, knick-knacks and jewelry from all over the world. We both travel on vacations (her choice of locations of course) and we're both happy.

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to say that my wife supports my gun/hunting habit quite well. For my first Christmas present from her she got me a gun safe that looks like a coffee table. I like it! I can store my guns, locked up, in the living room. Very accessible, very cool looking, and very safe around the little ones. (Seven, three, and two, if you were wondering.) I've got a great wife, and it sounds like a lot of you guys do too!

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
quote:
...a gun safe that looks like a coffee table...
You've got to tell us more about this. In another topic of course... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife has really begun to support me over the past year or so. I spend alot of time with my two boys shooting and hunting (Quality time) and she has seen first hand now with a couple gun sales I made that you can really make some money. She never asks anything anymore except did I get a good deal!

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
<whisler>
posted
Sounds like most of us have understanding and somewhat participative wifes. Mine sort of understands, gave up her vacation in florida last year so I could go back to Montana and try to fill Bear tag...Owns her own pistol, and does practice on occasion. First time I took her to the range she couldn't hit a 24" square target at 30 yards with a .22 rifle, but hit it 6 out of 6 times at 50 yards with the Ruger .44mag with hot reloads....not sure why I sold that pistol....Anyway, for those who are not as lucky (like my son)ya just got to do what ya got to do. Ain't love grand....

posted Hide Post
I start hinting around that Im going to get a new toy, when I come home from a show she always asks "did you get your toy yet" I tell her that there wasnt anything there I wanted, thats when I really start looking.

No,not really,she dosent care what I buy as long as the bills are paid and theres grub on the table.

BOLT

Posts: 18 | Location: Humboldt, Ks | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
I hunt white tails in a cedar swamp that is so thick there are places you can only see 25' in front of you. I got to the point I couldn't use iron sites so very well. I decided to retire my old Win. 94 for a new Rem model 7 in 7mm-08 with a pentex 2.5 x 7 pentex scope. While shopping at a gun shop I saw a Rem 700 mountian rifle in 7mm -08 I told the wife to bad I couldn't afford two guns because I liked that 700 and thought it would be just dandy to shoot youtes with on the edge of the cedar swanps.
My wife went to that gun shop the next day all alone and layed that 700 away for me. She gave me the 20 question grill about a scope for a varmit rifle. When she surprized me with that 700 on valintines day it sported a Pentex 3x9 light seeker scope. She doesn't know much about guns but allows me to get what I want and some times askes people what I want and surprizes me with one.
[Big Grin] Al

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with my wife concerning my firearms. My problem, and I'm quite serious about this, is with my son's wife. She's a real tree hugger. They have 3 daughters, and she's taught them that animals are our friends, bear, squirrel, deer the works. Andy, my son, has been or was, my shooting pardner for years. When in the Marine Corp he even had his own range he was in charge of at Quantico. I'm 66 and won't live too many more years. I've had all my rifles glass bedded, floated and triggers reworked. In other words, turned into tack drivers
so he would inherit them in prime condition, all 17 of them. I also have a complete range of reloading and bench equipment, all choice stuff. His wife has said on several occasions that she doesn't want firearms in the house. She's rather adamant about it, and for whatever reason he doesn't stand up to her. You never know where the dangerous element is going to come from. In my case it came from marriage. Anyone else experiencing similar problems, and how did you handle it. It's really a bummer. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fischer, know the feeling onl too well!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My wife of 52 years is and was supportave in all my doins`including a carrer in the Navy,she raised 5 sons and a daughter,while I was on many deployments.She did this in an outstanding manner,never worked outside the home,maintained a budget and house,kids never left without breakfast,returned to a evening meal,all are married now with kids.My wife is in a nursing home[Alzhimers],I go and feed her twice a day.She did her job its my turn now.I will never find another like her!!!!!

Posts: 3 | Location: West Virgina | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
God bless you, atf!

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote