one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted
Cool video !!!! Exploding targets !!!

http://www.dogbegone.com/video.htm

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those guys are environmentally friendly..... they're making organic fertiliser!!!

Posts: 96 | Location: South Australia | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I,ve never seen that air turbulence before.
Is it only visible at high temperatures?
Does the report of the rifle make them wary or do they just keep popping up regardless?
Can we import them to the UK ?

Rob T.

[ 07-23-2003, 02:29: Message edited by: Rob T ]

Posts: 64 | Location: Merseyside,England | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I didn't think those things blew up like that! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NEAT TRAILS BEHIND THE SLUGS.. I NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE. THOSE HIGH POWER RIFLES MAKE A MESS OF THOSE CRITTERS.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gut-splittin' funny!!! Cal Orbitz; get me on a plane to MT.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gut-splittin' funny!!! Call Orbitz; get me on a plane to MT.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
whoo hoo!! they don't know what hit them.

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
What calibers and loads did that kind of damage?
Impressive videos, post more!!!
Jeff

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks to me like the Monkey Pox Eredication Program is moving along smoothly. [Big Grin]
Nice video clips.

Ford

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blowing the guts of those 'dogs all over the place brings the crows and buzzards, which in itself is a plus because you then get to shoot them, too. So when do the 'yotes show up? Gimme a beer and another box o' shells!

one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Go there and look at the thierd video:
http://www.dogbegone.com/video.htm
His first shot is the interesting one.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tried to get video last time I was out but my camera man would be laughing too hard to stay steady..........We use assorted 22-250's, .223's and either can literally flip a dog 20-30 feet up and out.....depends on the hit.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bill22250
posted Hide Post
I have similar home video. We call them flying carpets. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw one go flying out of my scope on a hit. The visual is awesome, but the sound is one you won't forget. I use the Pelter Tac 7 muffs.. you can hear them ... everyone in our group usually says WOOOOO.... 'cause even though you aren't the shooter.. you can hear the good hits. I shoot
.223, and 22-250 with VMAX bullets... I don't think the space shuttle gets a better push. Getting the video is real tough! Everything has to go perfect ... and you and the shooter have to be looking at the same target ... I had to do a lot of editing when I got home ... especially the language when we got a good hit and I was looking the wrong way!

Posts: 37 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bill22250
posted Hide Post
The bullet trails....

The group I go with has seen those as well. It seemed to only occur with loads where we were pushing the limits on the bullets... especially on the hot days. I loaded my 22-250 with Hornady 55 gr SX bullets which aren't supposed to be pushed past... I think it was 3200-3300 fps and a relatively slow twist .. if I remember correctly a 1/9 twist was not good. I was right on the edge of that with my loads. When the temps got over 90, my buddies started seeing the trails.

Posts: 37 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, you now know why throat erosion is a problem in high velocity .22's!

Posts: 594 | Location: MT. | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote