New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Book Recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am having my first custom rifle built. I am having a custom 22-250 built. I am trying to do it right. I have been handloading for over 30 years-so I do have some experience, and a good bit of equipment. However this will be my first effort at trying to achieve ultimate accuracy. I am looking for a book to give me a complete step by step procedure. I am interested in all aspects of achieving this accuracy-including proper barrel break in(Krieger), brass preparation, reloading technique, shooting technique, and whatever else I need to know. Can anyone recommend a good book that might give a step by step process. Thanks, Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Go to Precision Shooting's website, they have a primer geared to accurate reloading. Scroll down through the books, you'll see it.

Precision Shooting Reloading Manual

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I went to PS to order the book, but their process was a pain in the ***. I did not want to-but I went to Amazon and ordered the book(it was easy there). I am not sure why PS makes it so complicated to order something??? Thanks, Again, Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My book came in the mail today. I hope it is as good as you guy's said. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Head...1 the point of reloading is a deep appreciation for uniformity and consistency. Thos ethings which will cause a bullet to be as perfectly as possible aligned with the rifles bore, and the understanding of what occurs during the internal ballistics phase of the weapons firing. In other words how the bullet travels through the barrel and what forces affect it's ability to go exactly where it's predecessor went. Read, think, read think... repaeat as necessary. Enjoy the experience.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote