THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: New crop of ground squirrels out.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New crop of ground squirrels out.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yup, looks like all the females were very fertile this year. Lots of young all over. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These ground squirrels were in the middle of a section of land. There is a hay stack next to the wood pile. I just got back from working on the ground squirrel numbers a bit. Got about 75 out of about 85 shots. They are pretty well cleaned out 300 yards from the hay stack in all directions. But, there are a lot more that will need attention. They will move into the area around the haystack because of the good feed.

I was using my CZ 452 Varmint in 17 HMR and it was doing a respectable job out to about 150 yards. These tiny new juvenile ground squirrels are not much bigger than a goose egg in size. Got a couple of the little ones with some air time too. The 17 HMR is an excellent ground squirrel control rifle.

Posts: 47 | Location: Bethel Island, CA | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote