THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Show your Cooper rifles and Varmints

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show your Cooper rifles and Varmints
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted
This is the results of one of my wife's better days afield...

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
308Sako: Congratulations to the Mrs. on her fine target shooting and the beautiful Varmint Trophy rug!
By the way is the double trim around the Coyote "two" shades of black or is it a dark gray and black?
What ever it is its quite appealing!
I am going to remember that color when I next get a very large Coyote to have tanned and made into a rug.
Good for the Cooper folks it appears they are making their beautiful Rifles in caliber 243 Ackley Improved! And they are making them shoot really well to boot!
I do not own any Cooper Rifles but I have bid on several that were used and for sale at Gunshows and on consignment in Gunshops!
Someday I will own one.
I have several Kimber of Oregon Rifles but only shoot two of them at Varmints. The exquisite wood and collectors value on the others simply makes them to valuable (to me!) to risk taking them afield.
Cooper is again to be highly commended for making their semi-custom Rifles available in such wonderful calibers as yours and in 17 MachIV, 19 Calhoon, 20 Tactical, 20 VarTarg, 221 Fireball, 222 Remington!, 22-250 AI as well as 22 Remington Bench Rest and the 6mm Remington Benchrest along with so MANY other nifty calibers!
Keep up the good work with the Mrs. and with the Cooper.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
VG, on the trim I looked close, but think it was the dust or the lighting. They both appear to be "Charcoal" to my aging eyes. She got the dog, I shot the groups... though she is totally capable of the group! I posted a picture of my safe queen Kimber of Oregon in the .22 rimfire section... It's one of the best I have seen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How are Cooper fireamrs regarded in the United States.

I have visited their website and given the cost of the rifles ( made greater by the exchange rate differences with the AUSD$), the standard Varmint in .222 is the most I MAY be able to afford.

Their rifles look superb, and I take if from some of these posts, that they shoot their accuracy matches their looks.

Robert Cudlipp
Melbourne Australia

Posts: 65 | Location: Australia- Melbourne | Registered: 04 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have just imported a Cooper Varminter 204 into Nz and it cost me approx nz$2200 all up including shipping and GST.

Took me 4 shots to get on the target at 100m and then my first 3 shot group with factory ammo went 0.39 and the second went 0.21

Mind you, the Kimber Varminters are pretty nice as well and come with a mag.

Posts: 36 | Location: Tauranga, New Zealand | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Recently having been working with several different brands of bolt action centerfires, I would rate the Cooper as a best buy regardless of price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a standard varmint in .22-250 that I have nothing but praise for. Larger size varmints are in jeopardy at 600+. I also have a 57M that is a death ray on squirrels. I think Cooper's are definitely a good value.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote