THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    nosler's Model 48 Varmint Rifle!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nosler's Model 48 Varmint Rifle!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
http://www.nosler.com/riflevarminthome.htm

Was looking in this month's lastest edition of Rifle Shooter Magazine down at the local supermarket this evening, right by the Starbucks in Albertson's...

They had an article on the Nosler Varmint rifle in 22.250

Who knows what the price is going to be, to include matching Leupold 8 x 25 scope with Illuminated Reticle...

but had to admit, it was an impressive looking package.. and if nothing else, would be a good example to copy when making one's own varmint rifle...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
$2895.00

They don't include the scope on this one.

"2009 marks the first year that the NoslerCustom Model 48 will be offered in a varmint edition. The Model 48 Varmint will be chambered in 22-250 Remington and will feature a Coyote Tan finish on the barrel and action, as well as a Desert Sand colored hand-laid Kevlar® stock. The NoslerCustom action, extreme-conditions Kevlar® stock, CERAKOTE™ and MicroSlick™ coatings and the NoslerCustom Model 48 accuracy guarantee of ¾” 3-shot groups are the attributes that have made the Model 48 the instant classic it has become, now in a varmint rifle."

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I’ve read the article. Although it’s Microslicked on the inside and Cerakoted on the outside, it still seems like a lot of money for that rifle. Chub Eastman didn’t mention how much it costs to color match the leupold scope, rings, and bases he used in the article. I’m sure Leupold doesn’t do it for free. But than again what would I know about the cost or value of anything.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And they could have had a Savage!! Big Grin Big Grin GHD PS: "That would have probably put 10 shots into 3/4 inch @ 100!!!!"

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And if it as good as Nosler Custom Brass at twice the cost of Remington or Winchester(or necked down or up, picked up range brass).......the owners will be less than thrilled!! GHD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nosler is no "HORNADY" or "SIERRA" or "BERGER" as far as bullet making goes and for them to get into rifle making is a risky proposition!! GHD

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Hmmm,

$2895. That's a couple of Savages AND a couple of Remingtons...

Or a 12 F Savage and a Nightforce scope on it...

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well guys, you won't find me spending 3k for one, but I like the ideas on it, which I can copy and make a real nice Savage like that...

I see I am not the only person that likes Savages..

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2895 is too rich for my blood, for that rifle.
I recently paid that much for Hart Custom rifle that I knew would deliver Hart accuracy, Hart Rifle Barrels that is; not Bob Hart in Nescopeck, PA.