THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    WA State Gopher/Sage Rat infestations? Other than in Oly?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WA State Gopher/Sage Rat infestations? Other than in Oly?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Fellas,

Does anyone have a general pointer that they'd care to share regarding some good ground squirrel infestations in State of WA? We've visited some great hunting territory in N. Central Montana these last few years but am lookin' for something, anything closer to home.

Have a great line on Montana "free to hunt" properties begging for hunters. Happy to trade info!!??

Any info much appreciated!!

posted Hide Post
If you are looking for the numbers here in this state that you see in Montana or elsewhere, its been my experience, that you are going to be greatly disappointed. I would be more than happy to share info with you on what I have found here if you want to email me, mrh30@hotmail.com, but I am afraid I do not have alot of good news. I do believe you can find some decent shooting here if you can find a willing landowner but the ones I have talked to are pretty fed up with hunters/shooters who leave trash etc. Drop me a line and I will tell you what I know!!!

Posts: 10 | Location: Port Orchard, WA | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oregon was host this year to a guy that has hunted ground squirrells on and off in Eastern WA for 50 years.

That trip knocked the socks off the Washingtonian.
He was used to 10 shots a day and got 100 shots.
He would have got 500 shots, but the alphalfa was too high.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote