New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bullets By Sierra
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you go to Sierra's website you can vote on some new bullets they are considering bringing out. From what I understand,if there is enough interest shown, they will consider bring some of the out. There are some excellent ones, from varmint, to big game to match bullets. One that I like in praticular is a .224 bullet the 69 gr. BlitzKing. That would be a coyote killer. Another one that would interest me is the one they are offering in 6.5, it would be a 130 gr. HPBT GameKing. Check them out.

May I be half the man my grandson thinks I am....RiverRat

http://www.sierrabullets.com/survey/survey.cfm

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was wishing that Sierra would come out with some plastic tipped game bullets. Alas the new bullets listed are of little interest to me.

I used to use all Sierra bullets. For game I used the flat base. Now in .224 it's the 50 gr BK, 6mm 70 gr Nosler BT, 6.5 95 VMax, 7mm 140 Pro Hunter, 308 150 SST, 30-06 many others, 358 180 Speer. Sierra has lost a lot of my business.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rat,

I agree with those choices and also the 265 grain HPBT Game King sure caught my eye. Even though I only hunt with the 338/06, and let the 338 mags stay in the gun safe,. that sure sounds like a good hardhitting bullet, with deep penetration abilities!

Thanks for the link!

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, I have been pestering them for ages for small caliber bullets, like the .17s and .20s, and a 69 BlitzKing would be the berries, too.

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called Sierra's 800 number today and had a long conversation with the gentleman there about Sierra's marketing plans. I did this because, as I stated above, that Sierra's products are dated.

I felt I did make the points that there is far more money around today to spend more on bullets and that the old lead tipped concept has been superceeded by the plastic tipped bullets that have better shape and don't flatten in a magazine as well. Bonded bullets were included in this discussion as well as canellured ones that could be called "Interlocks" by some.

While the Sierra guy did agree with me he kept coming back to the opinion that prevails at Sierra that such bullets cost more and they don't want to get into that price range.

He came right out and said it that the customers and the 800 guys at Sierra think these new products would sell but convincing managment was another story.

That survey on the Sierra site by the way is a suggestion by the 800 guys and customers.

My conclusion is that the owners of Sierra are satisfied with the satus quo.

I have used Sierra bullets for target, varmint and even some game shooting since the company started. They have been truly a great product and company and a major contributor to rifle accuracy. We don't really need Sierra to make new things as there are plenty of competitors.

It would be nice however.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote