Find
Notify
Tools

PDs in Taos NM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
clap Just spent 5 days in Taos New Mexico. Didn't take any Hardware. Saw many, many prarie dogs south of town. All were within 150 yards of the high way or a building. They were just having fun in the sun with no worries.

Does anyone on this forum live in that area? If so how would you rate the P D shooting there? Sure enjoyed my stay.roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
barsche when I first read that I thought it said prarie dogs in Tacos NM. I was looking for the tastes just like chicken part. animal

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
When visiting Taos, be sure to check the meat in the burritos for bullet jackets and lead fragments.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
The Peoples Republic of Taos Roll Eyes is very much against shooting any of their fun, furry, creatures any where they can see you. shame
On the other hand, there are ranchers in the area that will allow you to hunt on private land. Just have to ask around...far from town. Wink

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lived in Taos for two years. There are lots of prarie dogs around town. Take your shooting outside of town. Any judgment call on these boards brings on a manurestorm, but I will go out on a limb and say that I tried prarie dog "hunting" when I lived in Taos New Mexico and found it repulsive after about 3 kills. Just me. I am back east now and have not problem shooting groundhogs. Taos is a different place. If you are an outsider it may seem to be a Berkley or East Lansing or other lunatic town. It is not. It is a fine, but odd place to live. Dont't shoot the prarie dogs in town. They would not expect it.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They would not expect it.

Who the PD or the locals clap

390ish is right, the area is nice and hunting out of town as prof242 states is best. It is an "Artsy, intellectual area" that is a spin off from Santa Fe. Eastern NM has many PD towns; the problem being locating them and getting permission as most of that land is private or state land that is leased (therefore not open to the public except during "game" seasons)

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote