New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello everyone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been a while since I have been on here. Doing lots of fishin, and hunting...In that order lately.
Now that steelheading is slowing down some. (for me) Its time to hunt some vermin. The cover is'nt on the drift boat yet, but I'm hoping for some shooting weather in Eastern Wa. Its been raining too much. I have the itch bad!!!
Anyway...Thought I would say hi to you all. Hope you are all getting some good shootin in.
sidewinder

Posts: 53 | Location: Bothell, Wa. | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should be time for your jacks and picket pins by now.

Hope you've got lot's of ammo loaded up.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6001 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Da_sidewinder: Hello from a former "web toed" Bellevueite!
Now that I have been here in Montana for 9 full years I can honestly say the ONLY thing I miss about the Pacific Northwest (where I was born and raised) is the Steelhead Fishing!
I still have my aluminum drift boat and my Steelhead tackle boxes, rods, reels and vests - just in case!
Yeah get the cover on the boat and head over the pass to Varmint Land! It will cure what ails you!
Great to hear from you and keep your wits together in the traffic and the rain out your way!
I miss them all the Bogie, the Sol Duc, the Hoh, the Skagit, the Sauk, the Kalama, the Cowlitz, the Green, the Cedar and my all time secret favorite and loved like a brother - the Toutle River!
I wept the day that river was destroyed (by a volcano) and many times since! Maybe my grandkids will get to fish there someday?
Yes I do not mind publicly admitting it - you can not imagine the number of times I have wept at the passing of that wonderful little River.
Nature will restore that beautiful little river eventually.
That is not much of a solace to me now though.
I once hooked 10 Steelhead on that River in one day! I landed 2! They were strong and wary fish.
Good to hear from you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dale,
I likes all them rivers. 9 years w/o steelhead!!!! Ahhhhhhh!
Caught most of my fish this year on the nooch. Best river in the state come February. Spent March on the Duc.
I'd hate to give it up like you did...but, when I come to Montana. I can see why you made your decision. I have'nt been to Montana for 2 years now. I've really found some great shooting at home. Its just not like making the trip to your neck of the wood though...
I have a little over a week before I head North. If weather was better Blue, and I would be making a varmint safari. Looks like I'll have to wait till my break in June.
Hey georgeld...I do have lots of ammo loaded up. Alls I've been shooting is a 17hmr. That stuff is exspensive...Gonna have to break out the .223 to save some money.
sidewinder

Posts: 53 | Location: Bothell, Wa. | Registered: 03 December 2005Reply With Quote