THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    GHD, Page 198 Varmint Hunter magazine!!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GHD, Page 198 Varmint Hunter magazine!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If anybody wonders what ole GHD looks like, he is pictured on page 198 of the July 2003 Varmint Hunter magazine with the first confirmed measured 17HRM kill at 200 yards. We saw 38 that day but only shot at nine and they were 9 dead! That was also the day that Sarah, (Miss GHD now 14) made her first groundhog kill!!! It was a momentous occasion!!! Hopefully the next issue will have her pic in it!!! By the way GHD is in the upper left hand corner of the page. Charlie (GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hows about you post us that pic?! Where can I get a copy of this magazine, or better yet a subscription?

Posts: 118 | Location: Milton, Florida USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD: Good job on the Wood Chuck! I also have been very impressed with the 17 HMR. I have been real close to the 200 yard mark with my Ruger 77/17V on many occassions. I have taken Ground Squirrels to 190 yards and made a fantastic one shot kill on a large male Badger at 175 yards. I can not wait to get the 17 HMR into Prairie Dog country.
Great photo by the way.
Long live the 17 HMR
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy (VHA Life Member #185)

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will270, I can shoot but am still fairly illterate with the computer! Maybe VarmintGuy could scan it and post it for me. Anyway to join Varmint Hunters Association call800-528-4868. $24/year or $32/year family membership. Best magazine of the bunch!!! A great organization!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I strongly concur that the Varmint Hunter Magazine is the best in the business, and the folks at the clubhouse in Pierre are as friendly and fine as people anywhere can be, the customer service is superb, too. I mailed in my renewal and got back answers in the mail, FIVE days after mailing it from KY. I don't get that kind of service from anyone, except maybe Graf's in Mexico, MO. I don't know how they do it, but they always will have my support and confidence. If you aren't a member of the VHA, you are missing a real fine magazine and you are misbehaving in an unseemly manner! By the way, they have my letter in there, too! Fourth one I've written, fourth one they have published, they must be hard up for copy! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty good GHD, pretty good. The folks at VHA are in it because they love it. For some of them it's their passion. And helpful?-- they're without a doubt the best resource for technical info. i've ever known.

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote