New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 204 from 222 Mag?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hornetfan, That rifle that I was shooting is a SAVAGE VLP with 26" stainless fluted barrel. If the REMINGTON VLS had got here first, my test data would have been from it! I have been accused of having "green blood" both from my allegiance to JOHN DEERE and REMINGTON! However, this SAVAGE 204 meets my approval!!! More testing to follow using different powders(H4895 and VARGET only ones tested so far) and different bullets as they become available. Later, GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GHD. I think once fired brass might be the problem. Also I left out a step, that would be to aneal the brass after forming and before firing. As to bullets, try some Bergers. They make 30's, 35's, 40's and 50's in .20 cal. The 50's won't stabilize unless you run a 1 in 9 or 1 in 10 twist.

Hornetfan, my Tactical .20 is a Remington Varmint Synthetic that started life as a .223. 26 inch Pac-Nor Super Match, bolt bushed and trued by Greg Tannel of Gre-Tan Rifles, Kepplinger single set trigger. It is a seriously accurate rifle, bad news for the rodent world.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GD what barrel/rifle are you shooting? Hey Doug I wished you lived closer you are a bad man on a reloading bench. I would love to sit and pick your brain. You guys sound like the ones to ask 204 Ruger, Tac 20 or 20 VTT? On a Remington action. Remington is making factory rifles now in 204. I own several Remingtons and playing with a few of my freinds rifles, they are just like women if you rub them just right the really perform.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Called Hornady and they told me that it will be a month or two before brass is available to the general public. All current brass is going to factory ammo.

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote