New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyote hunt locale in Idaho?
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everyone!

I am a very new to hunting old to shooting type person. Since I was able to hold onto dad's S&W I have been shooting revolvers, semi's, and rifles.

This year however is my first intro to hunting. I never seemed to have been in the mood, or around when all my friends took hunter's education, so this past spring, I took the 16 hour course.... With 15 9 year olds... Needless to say, I suffered through it, pointed out an incorrect question in the process.

So, here we are, deer season just opening, Yotes coming up? My friend and I snuck up on a Yote this past 2 weeks ago, and he ended up with the shot. We both bought accu trigger bblvss savages in .223 for yotes. My Deer rifle choice ended up being a stainless lam #1 in 25/06, which I am excited to try on yotes also!!!!

Anyhoo, anyone on the forums ever gone after coyote in SE Idaho? Idaho falls region, anywhere from Preston to Dubois? We are certain that with the amount of scat, scratching, and other sign we have seen, that many places we have scouted already will work out just fine, but it really just seems a little early. There are still a lot of berries out, and lots of bugs. Am I just getting too antsy?

Posts: 6 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID | Registered: 23 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Hi and welcome, I lived in Idaho Falls about 20 years ago and we used to see alot of Coyotes on the road to the town of Bone. We used to fish the Blackfoot river outside of Bone in the fall and always jumped a couple of Yotes there. During the duck season we would occasionally encounter yotes cruising the river bottom. I'm sure that it hasn't changed too much since then.

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote