New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Rifle!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks guys. I will read that article when I get a little bit more time. VarmintGuy that fan idea is so simple, no wonder I didn't think of it. I'll have to get me one of them lil fans.

Anthony

Posts: 79 | Location: Maine | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Antonio 73182: Congratulations on the new Rifle and I am glad it is shooting so well for you! Ask around for a competent Riflesmith to adjust that Model 70 trigger for you. I am guessing it will be about $25.00 to have it done correctly with a good trigger gauge to verify its setting.
I also have a little trick to dissapate the heat waves coming from your barrel. First off its best to not shoot a barrel (when doing range work like load testing) when it is giving off heat waves. But I have, permanently stashed in my range box, a small electric fan! This fan is about the size of 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes. I simply prop up the fan so it is blowing down the barrel away from me and turn it on! Heat waves can not distract you when the fan is properly aimed. The fan runs forever on 2 AA size batteries. If I am going downrange to measure targets I simply aim the fan down into the open breech of my Rifle and let it run while I am downrange. This really helps cool a barrel quickly.
Shoot slow, shoot cool.
Continued good luck with the Model 70!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The M70 trigger is the best design for a hunting rifle. Here is some basic advice.

http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/AdjustingWinTrigger.asp

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote