New
Find
Notify
Tools

gophers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I went east of the mountains today to pick up a 12 week old german wirehair today. The wife and I took to her right away. We wanted to let her ride up front, but from past experiences...we knew better. She got the kennel and the back of the truck. Yup, she hurled all over. ONE SICK PUPPY!
She is in her new home now and getting bolder by the second.
Now, the important part. I did'nt know that Washington had more than a few gophers. I saw a field that had a BUNCH of gophers. The wife thought I was going to have a seizure. I pulled over and started glassing. We both glassed. Ther were enough of the little devils to get excited about. I will be shooting on them this week. I spent the day with the dog trainer and he said his field where he trains is full of them now and when the little ones come up a guy could stay busy for a while. I'm going to get a shoot or two there. I can't wait. I should be able to scout it out this week and burn some ammo too. Gotta let the new pup out.

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AAAHHH! So thats what they were. The guys over ther were calling them gophers. Looked like the ones I shoot in Montana. Maybe a little smaller.
They will do. I'm going to know more about them come thurs if the weather is good. It was 70 or so Sun. I have shot some chucks in WA.and I don't know how many coyotes. I have'nt shot on these yet. Heck, I did'nt know we had um like that. I always travel. I hope its good, and I get to know some folks that will want me to come back and thin um out more. I wish I did'nt have to miss the best part of the season. I have till about the end of the first week in April or so. Then in Ak. for most of the next 5 mo, so I gotta get um now. I'll get to shoot a couple weeks in June.
Guess I better get to know my own state for the wee ones.
Thanks for the heads up. Better let the new pup back in. sidewinder

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote