Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger or winchester
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Ruger 77mkII with a sporter barrel on it and a timney triger. I wont to trade it for A win model 70 with a heavy barrel ss and Leupold scope rings and A leupold 3-9x40mm. Both 22-250
I just wont to know what I should do. The win is mutch heaver than the ruger but I can handel it just fine. The ruger has A really nice stock on it and I don't wont to hurt the stock.
I wont to camo the win with pant so it will not glissen in the sun and not worry about hurting it to much. Plz tell me what you think

Posts: 4 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take the one that shoots better. If I had to guess, that will be the Winchester. Rugers are OK, but the angled action screw makes them a pain to accurize.

Posts: 648 | Location: Huskerville | Registered: 22 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
If you have your mind made up on the Ruger or Winchester buy the Winchester. I am no fan of Ruger rifles for many reasons. It is the luck of the draw with almost any factory rifle you buy how well it will group. You have just as good a chance getting a good shooter if you buy a Savage. I own two Savage rifles and one is a 22-250 the other a 243. The 22-250 groups very well with 55 and 60 grain bullets. The 243 shoots very well with 65 to 105 grain bullets.
If you want top accuracy build a custom made rifle. My best grouping rifles are HBSS custom made.