THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Weaver Customer Service Sucks!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver Customer Service Sucks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have had to have two scopes replaced by Simmons, which also is owned by the same outfit...

well I waited over 10 months for a replacement from Simmons, and then they got bought out by Meade...

So after a lot of run around, I got them to replace the scope with a pair of Weavers that were actually in stock...

Well a V 16 went south in less than 30 days, as the optics came apart...It was mounted on a hard kicking Model 70 chambered in 223, shooting blue dot loads.... Roll Eyes

So trying to get thru to Meade.. what a lesson that is in patience... "your hold time will be 20 minutes or so"....

Then you get hung up on... and they don't seem to employee a lot of people in that dept that speak English as a native language.. and evidently speak Spanish great.. just not English...

Then you get an RGA number finally, and then you have to answer a million questions and provide a bunch of paperwork...

What is the product number of the item being returned?

What is the description of the item being returned...

What was the date of purchase of the item?

Please provide proof of the date of purchase..

What is the items serial number?

Please give a detail description of the problem...

There will be no charge for the return shipping but we require a $10.00 flat fee to repair the item.... ( after it screws up within 3 weeks or less!!!!)....

Weaver and anything else made by Meade is sure off of my list of approved items at the Seafire household...

What a bunch of jerks!

Whoever owned Weaver before Meade bought them was a heck of a lot better company to deal with!

It is either Leupold or Nikon as far as I am concerned....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You must not have read my post in "Optics" about Meade's customer service.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/446104256

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that post, back to buying a Nikon Buckmaster over the V-16

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
It took over 6 months to get a turret cover for a Weaver pistol scope -- and I had to go through person after person after person (or rather their voicemails) and never seemed to get a return call until the very end. At first, they insisted that my scope must be sent back in, about as ridiculous a thing as I have ever heard. I have a few Weaver items, including a V10x50 on a .22 magnum that has served me extremely well. After my debacle with them, I have no plans to purchase any other Weaver products.

But hey, I don't mind sticking to my gool old Nikons anyway... Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
You must not have read my post in "Optics" about Meade's customer service.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/446104256

Well Frank,

No I hadn't read it...

But thanks for the link.. I read it now...

seems like I am living it too!

I probably own 12 different Weaver scopes.. and about 6 Simmons to boot....

Lord Knows I will never buy another one! of either company....

A used Tasco is a better investment...

Even BSA has a lot better customer service than Weaver....

I predict unless they clean up their act, or drop their prices to move the products.. they are going to go the way of Winchester.....

I waited 10 months, with a new excuse every 6 weeks, for a pair of the Side focus scopes that they had listed in their catalog!

And the funny thing is today, I spoke with them ( after waiting on hold for over 20 minutes.. but I spent it here on AR, so no big deal).. they told me that my V 16 has a lifetime warranty.... that is a hot one!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blueprinted:
Thanks for that post, back to buying a Nikon Buckmaster over the V-16

I'd buy a used BSA over a Weaver now...

Cabelas is also a good source for scopes under their name, and they will back them up real well...but still all things considered... Leupold, Nikon and Bausch & Lomb are going to be my scope sources....

I had a pre Bushnell purchased Tasco Target scope that went south.. but I sent it to Bushnell any... they replaced it with a refurnbished Tasco just like it.... I didn't care that it was a refurb.. because it still did its job... and they didn't charge me anything for doing so...turn around time was about 2 weeks...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, their customer service is so poor because they hardly ever get any calls, but probably not. It is incredible how companies treat their customers these days. I had thought about trying one of those new Simmons Aetec Master series scopes, since I am frugal and always looking for a bargain, but after reading the recent posts about the customer service nightmare that apparently is SOP at Meade/Weaver/Simmons, I think I will pass. I recently purchased my second Leupold scope, (the first was a Vari-X II 2x7 that I bought new for $125, tells you how long ago that was!)At first I wasn't sure I liked my new VX-3 4.5-14, but the more I use it, the more I am getting spoiled by it. I thought my Buckmasters in the same power range was nice, but I have to admit, the Leupold is much nicer. I may have to resign myself to spending the extra money on future scope purchases, and just go with the (sort of) expensive Leupold scopes and have the confidence that if anything ever goes wrong, it will be taken care of. I still would not be afraid to buy a Burris or a Nikon, but even the Bushnell Elite line kind of scares me since they also handle the Tasco line. Hope your future dealings with Weaver work out better.
Chuck

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Leupold is the answer to your problems.
Sorry to hear about the Weaver troubles. My next scope purchase is going to be Nikon Monarch, even though I like the leups so much. I've also heard good things about Nikon and their customer service.
You must have an unlimited supply of patience and good nature to go thru than much BS. I hope it all works out. AO

Posts: 28 | Location: Central Point OR. USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
It's obvious where their priorities are... I have owned Meade telescopes for years and simply have had no issues with them... If there is something that is in warranty and needs to be taken care it's done right away... I thought when they bought these sports optics companies that we as shooter/hunters would have something to look forward to Roll Eyes... I guess not...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im sorry to hear of your issues too, piss poor customer service is one of my pet peaves!!

Just to give a vote for Leupold, I live in New Zealand, my VXIII 4.5-14 just wouldnt focus one day?? Took it to where i brought it from They sent it to the "Local distributor" ( In the South Island) who sent it to Leupold in the States. I had my scope back in 5 weeks and it cost me $40 in freight,AWSOME!!
My freind ironically was the "Weaver" distributor here in NZ. Their returns policiy was unbeliveable "BIN IT AND GIVE THEM A NEW ONE".
Easier and cheaper way to keep your customer happy I guess Roll Eyes

Regards Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Runas,

Stateside, Leupold is usually less than 5 to 7 buiness days for a turn around..

they are based here in Oregon, and I have sent two scopes to them on a Monday and had them back in hand, repaired on that Friday!..Actually those two scopes were for a reticle change...

I also purchased an old 3 power scope used that was of their manufacture...they said they couldn't repair it as it had been out of manufacture for so long...so they offered me a brand new 4 power.... I asked instead for a 6 power with a target dot on it... so they sent me that instead...all at no charge... I had bought the 3 power for $40.00 kmowing it was in need of repair... but I had had good luck and no quetions from Leupold before...

They make a great scope and they also back it up!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats just fantastic, Im pleased to see some big companys have it together. thumb

I thought 5 weeks was still pretty good, all things considered.

Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
I bought a new simmons 6-24 whitetail about 5 months ago. It decided not to adjust left any more after shooting about 50 "anti-tank" Wink level .243's. I had Williams Gunsight send it in for me about 4 months ago and have heard no word yet. Joe (the manager) said he would try to get to the bottom of it. But still nothing. Good luck Seafire thats all I have to say

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote