Can someone please tell me, what kind of brass is the best for cal.22-250
I have used Rem.nickel --> one comment "shit"
I have been thinking of brass from Norma, but it's very expensive :-(
What are you using???

I only necksize (Lee Collet die)
I'am very pleased with the collet die.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Winchester. I wouldn't trade it if someone offered me four to one Norma brass.

Winchester is cheaper too. And I like Federal brass but someone said they were going to stop selling it? [Eek!]

[ 06-16-2002, 09:10: Message edited by: Pecos45 ]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
I use Winchester or Laupa brass. I think the same as you do about Remington brass

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Federal brass in .22/250 - 99% of the time.
Before I started to use a collet die, I was partially resizing ("neck-sizing") with a full length die as per everybody's good advice. Over about 12 months I experienced instances (around 15%) of cases which needed full length sizing to bring them back into spec, of which eventually less than 2% of the total are awaiting a body bump die - that or simply bin them as being the cheaper alternative!

Posts: 360 | Location: Sunny, but increasingly oppressed by urbanites England | Registered: 13 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I USE FEDERAL BRASS MYSELF,THE PRICE IS RIGHT AND SO IS THE QUALITY.I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING SOME HIGH PRICED BRASS BUT LIKE THE SAYING GOES IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT.

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I have settled with Winchester in all of my rifles now, inclucing the 22-250. My new 7/08 is shooting .251" groups with it. My old 22-250 would shoot .5" groups all day long with it.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use winchester brass in my old Ruger and it seems to be working pretty good for me.

Chris

<metalic matt>
posted
How many rounds are you all getting before the webbing gets too shinny. I'm starting to work a 22-250 and am curious!

thanks,
Matthew J

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Norma of course!!!!! [Wink]
They can take some pressure!

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than the old trustworthys. Winchester & Frontier brass goes to the top of my list [Big Grin]

Regards
Rudie

Posts: 150 | Location: Witbank ,South - Africa | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
M&M how many reloads? it depends on your rifle and how hot you load 40grs H-414. neck size only. full resize only two times so far. I use Win. brass in my 22-250 I anneil the necks every 3rd. or 4th reload, no more than 4..trim to 1.902"
the batch for my 52gr loads have been loaded 15 times. lost a couple due to a split neck or two.
anneiling is the key to long brass life.
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote