THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM VARMINT HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Varmint Hunting    Re: Leupold finally comes through!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Leupold finally comes through!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Eremicus is out there somewhere watching over all.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well time to give credit where credits due.

For 7 years I've had a burr under my saddle over a problem with two Leupold 8.5X25X40 scopes they refused to exchange even though they knew there was a problem with the crossoverpoint at higher magnification. I couldn't get Leupold to do anything with em so everytime the topic of scopes came up I retold my story, I refused to suffer in silence.

After the topic again came up and again I stated my case fellow member Ohlsen said he'd had the same scope with the same problem and they swapped him out of it.

Long story short without much hope I took one more run at calling them today, "Surprise". Change of heart on the corporate level.

Don't know what caused the turnaround but today they admitted the problem and said they'd swap me out of the scopes in question for their proven 6X20X40's which is all I ever wanted in the first place.

My thanks to Leupold.

As I told the guy there I've squawked ever since I got the bum scopes but if they are indeed gonna make it right I'll be just as vocal in letting people know their doing the right thing even if a bit belatedly.

Perhaps they are listening, and the faint grumblings around the web about service slipping etc really matters to em. Sure appears that way. Think I'll give em the benifit of the doubt and quit my personal boycott. This reminds me of the Leupold of old who backed their product better than anyone.

I'm just tickled pink!!!

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Mountdoug,

I have read your old posts about your problem with Leupold and I appreciate your recent post
letting people know that Leupold changed their
mind. Leupold has been a local company to me
and I have always gotten good service. I now
live very close to Nosler and often go into their plant to buy things. With both these companies I have heard some people voice their
concerns over products or service. After dealing with these folks directly I feel that they do care about their customers. One factor that we must consider is the human side of things. Sometimes an employee may not come across in a manner that we perceive as helpful.
When that has happened to me I leave or end the call quickly without venting. I then craft a VERY polite letter to management explaining in as non-emotional way as possible what I perceive the problem to be. In over 90% of the
cases this has resulted in a satisfactory resolution. I'm not saying this is the way for you to work things out, but I am just offering it as an alternate approach. I am at the point in my life where I don't have much time left for disappointments. I hope that you don't have
any further ones with Leupold. You may not know it, but Leitz is having them assemble scopes here in Oregon. The maker of some of the
finest optics in the world chose Leupold to make scopes for them. I consider that a pretty
impressive endorsement. I've been a commercial
photographer most of my life and have many times spent over $5000 for a single lens to get the highest possible quality. When I look through a scope I can see things that few of you
are trained to detect. There are a lot of asian
scopes, particularly Japanese ones, that are excellent optically. A lot of these brands of scopes you will seldom see advertised. One of these is Fujinon. I have used Fuji optics costing in excess of $120,000. They make great optics and I expect their scopes are good also.

One factor that catches all of us when we are looking through a scope is that the scope make
LOOK good but the internal construction may not be suited to heavy duty hunting use. That's why
the Weaver adjustment system is so liked and leads people to want to use Weaver scopes. It would be great if we could ignore all the patent and copy right issues and get scopes with great glass assembled with the best methods of construction. It isn't going to happend. That's why I read all the postings I can to find out what people have found to work
in scopes in the real world of hunting. I can't
afford to buy one of each scope, test it, then section it with a diamond saw or a friends Laser. So keep venting when you have problems,
I learn from that.

Old Elk Hunter

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. I refuse to be a doormat but yelling and getting cranky seldom works and besides it leaves a guy upset and miserable.
They say the squeeky wheel gets the grease but if it's squeeking to loud it gets thrown in the trash and a new one put on.
As to Leupold they did indeed put their money where their mouth is and I'm impressed with the obvious new commitment to customer satisfaction.
After putting that new 6.5X20X50 on a new CZ HS Varmint that I'm getting ready to turn into a .20 VarTarg I am truly impressed and although this scope is above my paygrade I really like it. Seems to retail for $799.00 most places and as I can get 6X20 Weaver Grandslams delivered to my door for $340.00 I'm afraid I'll have to mount it on a special rifle and keep buying Weavers.
Leupold is certainly on my recommended product list again especially that 50MM 6.5X20. Have a good one.

"If a man buys a rifle at a gun show and his wife doesn't know it"...Did he really buy a rifle?
Firearm Philosophy 101. montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I could only get the same results with T/C...

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up an old Renegade in 54 with the set triggers and when I wanted a couple of missing pieces and a manuel they wouldn't take any money from me Dan, not even postage. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they do fine on the nickel and dime stuff derf, but they won't admit they sold me a bogus barrel. Chamber cut is bad, they won't replace it.

HEY T/C, SPREADING YOUR FAME ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Mad

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote