New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obama's grandmother visited in Kenya.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is weird. My wife's Uncle is a Franciscan Brother in the Catholic Church. He does tours in Kenya setting up orphanages and schools, etc. He is there now, and we got an Email about an hour ago. Yesterday they were in Nairobi (I think) and he said they visited Grandma. She is very old, and lives in a home for the elderly his group there sponsors next to a school he helped found nearly thirty-five years ago.

Scary, huh!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
No scarier than the grandson.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There might be a downside to bringing Grandma to the USA.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why? She's catholic...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tenmikemike
posted Hide Post
Have him ask her if she remembers his birth there in Kenya. I saw an interview online where she was quoted as saying that (before the election) but that article has disappeared WAY down the deepest memory hole!!

NRA Endowment Life member

CZ 550 American 9.3 X 62 Mauser/ Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 x 36
CZ 550 Safari Classic .458 Lott

Posts: 119 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 11 January 2009Reply With Quote