New
Find
Notify
Tools

Willie 1965
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like not being back of the IRS for a few million dollars'll keep the lines outta a guy's face.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Barely recognizable as Willy.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Willie is 79 now, unrepentant, has respiratory problems, but still tours. On his 75th BD, he said "I have out-lived my dick."

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great Texan...............if you can get past his rabid liberalism............and dope smokin'.........

Love his music, but can't stand his politics.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the late 60's Willie and a lot of the other stars of the day used to stop frequently in El Paso, Tx and do a show and dance at the Collesium. I remember Willie looking just like that youtube clip.

Good times!!!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was a bouncer in a C&W club in NYC, City Limits; Nelson&Co. came in the place twice, both times on Sunday nights. Willie got up each time and fronted the house band impromptu. Total about 110 minutes of intimate Willie for free. He was gracious and a gentleman onstage with the regular band, and offstage, too. Both times word travelled around the neighborhood and we gathered quite a crowd, but the Nelson party had left before they all showed up. Billy Martin was with him one of the times, what a scumbag the guy was.

Several months later a friend of mine served a summons on him, alimony I believe, when he was appearing in Connecticut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
A great Texan...............if you can get past his rabid liberalism............and dope smokin'.........

it's the pot.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
obviously pot hadn't been invented then.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:

If more people would stop and view ALL of our entertainers music/movie/television/sports that way, things would be a Hell of a lot better.

Those folks make their living entertaining us, but, they are humans and they have their own views on stuff. That is their priveledge and perogative.

It is okay to like the way they entertain us but we have to remember that is how they make their living, they are not Heroes, they are people, plain and simple. We can enjoy their ability to sing or act, but we have to remember that they are people also.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote