New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cowboy Mounted Shooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to sponsor a young person In Cowboy Mounted Shooting.

Does anyone know Where does one buy the blank ammunition they use?

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
There are several suppliers. Go to the CMSA website.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I calf roped and team roped competively all my life, wonder why with my interest in guns and shooting, I never tried that?

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got her set up for a year’s run. She did barrel racing prior.

One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
She’ll be hooked. The barrel racing background will make her very competitive.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was an article in Dillon's "Blue Press"a couple of years ago about a young lady doing just that. If memory serves, I think she was/is the granddaughter of actor/cowboy Ben Johnson.Who BTW is the only person to win the 2 awards of all around cowboy + an Oscar.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try shooting around that horse first before anyone gets on. Has to be dead calm or it will be dangerous as hell for the rider and anyone else nearby.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Try shooting around that horse first before anyone gets on. Has to be dead calm or it will be dangerous as hell for the rider and anyone else nearby.

George

Great advice, but I am no horseman/trainer. She wanted to get into the sport. Her mom was my former paralegal. I wrote the check, and got them in contact with the group thanks to you all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They use ear plugs on the horses,,I trained my rope horses to stand by the shooting shooting a 22 around them while they ate and increased the caliber to a 30-30 or whatever, for hunting. Im sure she will get a lot of help, cowboys tend to teach their siblings or others the tricks needed as they progress.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to W2 Horse and watch Winston show you how. It seems easy if you have the right horse.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote