New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what happens when a nation bans guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
The result of liberal wanker politicians running amuck. In watching that clip, I came to the realisation that there is very little point in South Africans Eeker taking refuge in Australia, pretty much a case of out of the frying-pan and into the fire.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad commentary. I thought about taking refuge in Africa -- after all, if I'm going to have an African president, I might as well live in Africa -- but after checking into Tanzanian firearms laws, it's abominable. It's incredible that you cannot buy more than 200 rounds of ammunition a year. How is a PH to stay proficient? No more than 4 firearms? I can't even cover the spectrum with that; even with the most conservative approach.

But that's where this administration wants us to be. UN treaties and all that.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Yes, as much as we want to gripe and complain and how bad it is in some states, we have it really good.

I would say it has to do with when and how we declared INDEPENDENCE and how we have maintained it.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right,like Winston Churchill said,"Democracy is the worst form of government....except for all the rest."

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to witness first hand the effects of gun control has to look no further than our illustrious neighbor to the south..... Mehico.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post
Which guns are banned in Australia?

Certain firearms are restricted here, but thats not "banned " is it, really?

I didn`t choose to watch the video and I only comment because the title was misleading. I could not LEGALLY own 2 safes that contain rifles, shotguns and pistols if they were banned now, could I?

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
No but what requirements must you pass in order to purchase a new firearm? Are there restrictions on how many and of what calibers? What about semi auto handguns? under what conditions may you decide and execute a purchase of a weapon?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote