New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ice fishing with a pucker factor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have never been this hungry for mussels.

http://wimp.com/racetide/

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
X: Thanks for that link. We forget that for some folks, it takes guts just to live each day.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
A source of food to be collected. There is no supermarket for your needs. Shades of the real world. Wink

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing.....I hope they have some olive oil, garlic, parsley and a splash of white wine......with a nice crusty baguette back at the igloo. Wink

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's a great website.

one thing I've always pondered, is why anyone would live under those conditions, extreme cold, etc, if they didn't have to.

my point is, no one has to.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've pndered the same question. I've read that the innuit are non-combative and every time they ventured too far south the cree etc. would slaughter them...gave them good reason to stay in the far north and learn to live with the land.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
I've pndered the same question. I've read that the innuit are non-combative and every time they ventured too far south the cree etc. would slaughter them...gave them good reason to stay in the far north and learn to live with the land.

Thanks; I wonder the same about desert dwellers, say in Africa or Australia, etc.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's also the fact that humans are found in all inhabitable environments across the world. It's weird to me that we would spread out so much and live in such hostile areas. Heck we're even moving out and trying to live in space.