Find
Notify
Tools

Adios California...Hola Blanco County!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted
Any of you Hill Country dwellers know a good, honest realtor? I have a budget of $350,000.

Just checkin',
Ted

Posts: 131 | Location: Islamorada, Florida USA | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
where do you want to be ? what kind of property?
I know some honest ones and some good one too.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
where do you want to be ? what kind of property?
I know some honest ones and some good one too.

+1. Whereabouts?

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
Somewhere near the 281. From Bulverde at the south end to a bit north of Johnson City. I would really like to keep it between Blanco and Johnson City. Wemberly and Canyon Lake are good, too. Just the general area there. Outside the city would be better but not essential. I would lean to more land, less house.

These are the real factors. I love that 281 corridor. I want to be close to 290 to hit Austin and Frederickburg easily and regularly. Same with New Braunfels and San Antonio. This also gives me easy access to I10 to come back to California for family and down to New Orleans and Mobile Bay for friends.

I am going back there for Gruene Hall, the Kerrville Folk Festival and all those clubs in Austin like The Continental Club, The Broken Spoke, Liberty Lunch and Antone's. I also have my Dad's side of the family and a little lady-friend, whom I have been on/off with since 2004, scattered between Onalaska, Conroe and Houston. I want to see more of them all, but not be too close to them.

Posts: 131 | Location: Islamorada, Florida USA | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
CC Herber in Fredericksburg. Willkommen!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.M. sent

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW,The Continental Club + Greune Hall are still there. Anton'es has moved to 5th + Lavaca , Liberty Lunch has been gone for years.Cactus Cafe + Threadgill's World Headquarters are still there in the original location.

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Crossroads Saloon, Hondo's, Silver Creek in F-burg, also Luckenbach.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:Liberty Lunch has been gone for years.

See, I was away too long!

Liberty Lunch was one of my favorites, too bad it's closed. I saw Joe Ely there twice right around the time they recorded the "Live At Liberty Lunch" album, 1988-89. I wasn't even shaving regularly yet.

Life happens, time flies.

One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
PM sent

Reply sent

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas! Glad to have you among us!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted68:
Any of you Hill Country dwellers know a good, honest realtor? I have a budget of $350,000.

Just checkin',
Ted

You're leaving the City of Arts and Innovation just as the recession is petering out?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
Yep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted,did not hear back from you on the P.M.concerning a realtor in the area.BTW, since you are familiar with Liberty Lunch,perhaps you remember "The Ladies of Liberty" floor show.The blonde is my wife.

One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
I remember a group that did comedy sketches there. Is that the group your wife was a member of? Or the ones that did all the WWII era music in costume?

Sorry I didn't repond right away, but I did save the message. Another forum member here has a 50+ acre parcel of hunting land that I am going to look at and maybe just build a house there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Easter's follies

House band at Liberty Lunch - The Lotions

The Lotions were a white regeae band - they played .. one love -- Bob Marly , Burning Spear

T birds Stevie

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes,yes,+yes.Esthere's follies,The Blandscrew sisters,Ro-Tel + the Hot Tomatoes,etc. on + on.As far as I know she still has her portrait on the wall of "The Old Pecan St. Cafe" on 6th st. as 6th st.'s leading lady. Back to the subject.Before you put all your eggs in one basket at least talk to Buzzy;he might get you a good price on ranch property.

One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
I will give Buzzy a call. I want to be out there for at least 3 days in the next 2 weeks. CC Herber, too. There are a couple of properties I want to see. Definitely got some great info and invitations from all of you. Thanks so much!

Back to music...I passed on a chance to see Stevie just before I left Texas. He was dead within a year. On my birthday, none the less, August 27. I saw Nanci Griffith that night. Had an instant crush on her when I saw her on ACL when I was 15. I saw Jimmie with Tilt-A-Whirl here about 1998. But I regret not seeing Stevie all those times I could have.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I bet you will LOVE living in the state.
Being a free citizen may kinda freak you out at first, but you can probably grow used to it rather quickly.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMhaehb5AnE

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked to Buzzy today.Said he could fix you up with a ranch down the 281 pike.Balls in your court.He has property available now.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Talked to Buzzy today.Said he could fix you up with a ranch down the 281 pike.Balls in your court.He has property available now.

Would you please PM me with Buzzy's number or, preferably, site. With a freshman this fall at Texas, and possibly one next fall as well, I'm becoming more seriously interested in buying something in that area. Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ted68
posted Hide Post
Yes. A site would be great.

Quite honestly, your PM about Buzzy was the fifth PM I recieved on the subject. I had already verbally commited to another realtor as well as a member here with a tract for sale. If I don't like what I see, I will definitely be contacting CC Herber and Buzzy.

Herber's site has some very good properties listed with attractive prices. I would like to see what Buzzy has.

Thanks,
Ted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll get Buzzy's # tomorrow as I am at home + my rolo-dex is at the shop.Also will see if he has a site.I assume so.I will P.M. both of you with the info.He's a good guy + honest;
I've known him for years,besides he's a hunter + shooter as well.Not that that means much to some but I prefer to do business with honest members of our fraternity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
O.K. friends. Pull up Ranchinvestmentsburnettexas.(.com)?This will show you a partial listing.Buzzy is a "Buyers agent",basically he has many more properties to show;Call him tomorrow after church @ 1-512-515-5231. His cel during the week is 1-512-517-4666.
I hope ya'll can do business.I would not promote him if I did not feel him to be a stand up guy.He also has no problem giving his home phone #.I sincerely hope that good business is done by all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ranchinvestmentsburnettexas.(.com)?

I've fiddled with and tried to look up the above site in various ways on the net for a while and can't make it work.

The closest I can find is http://www.ranchinvestments.com which is almost certainly not it but they do have some nice properties listed. I keep looking for all that sub-$2000 an acre land that CHC says is so prevalent but am having a hard time finding any in the central Texas/Austin/SA area. Big Grin

Personally I hate cold calling people. I like to have an idea of what I might be interested in, in my price range, before I waste both of our times, which is why I like to access a site that hopefully has prices on it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzzy has NO problem with in coming calls regarding business;I asked him before I posted.Sorry you could not pull up a site immediately.I hate this getting in the middle crap.Buzzy is a good guy+friend. I would like to see him make a sale on this + anything else.He'll treat you fair.Best wishes's R.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
I bet you will LOVE living in the state.
Being a free citizen may kinda freak you out at first, but you can probably grow used to it rather quickly.

I feel free-er with a lot of BLM land around me...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One word of advice:

Leave California in California. We had hundreds of thousands of displaced Californians move to my native Colorado. Quickest way to piss off the people if you move among them is to constantly say "That's not how we did it in California". They know that's not how it is done in California and that is why they don't want to live in California.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate's Life:
One word of advice:

Leave California in California. We had hundreds of thousands of displaced Californians move to my native Colorado. Quickest way to piss off the people if you move among them is to constantly say "That's not how we did it in California". They know that's not how it is done in California and that is why they don't want to live in California.

Heh. There are a couple of places in Wyoming I've seen that didn't look "local". Sure enough, they're colonies...

TomP

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My buddy got divorced, married his childhood sweetheart in 2003, retired in 2004, moved from Long Island to Wimberley in 2005-ish, prefab on 5 acres. I paid him a visit in 2006. Had a Shiner Bock with dinner at the Gristmill. I really liked the area (in October) :-)

Rich

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote