New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with molten aluminum.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could actually have fun doing that!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that makes a neat Christmas tree ! Hang you collection of cartridge cases on it !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neat! Someone finally found a good use for fireants!!!!!

I would need a shitload of molten Aluminum at my place!

Posts: 41797 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sure makes a beautiful aluminun sculpture...........

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
When they first infested our state in the late 70's,I noticed the eastern crop fields go dormant because of them. I came up with a solution but as I was only a working man with no credentials,etc. My idea was this.A truck 4WD w/ a boiler tank + fuel supply. Basically making steam,having a long wand to insert into the nest.This would work. Drive through the pasture + eradicate each mound. Sound idea but no financial backing.Anyone is free to use this idea,no ptents. I would love to see someone with the money put it into practice.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pouring molten metal into/onto a damp surface will create steam and very possibly blow the molten metal back at the pourer.

This is like things not to do 101.

full disclosure: years ago I worked in an aluminum/zinc foundry and poured a dipper full of aluminum in a vessel of water which solidified the metal in an interesting shape. I still have it, and I shouldn't have done it.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote