Notify
Tools

Newfoundland Screech Rum
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
PLEASE HELP!!!

I want more. I had some, was Screeched-in as an honorary Newfoundlander and I want more. Some hate this stuff, others love it. As harsh as it can be after a long absence from its flavor, it always reminds me of my trips to Lab/Newf working with the Institute for Environmental Research and Monitoring, and the Goose Bay military base.

Anyone know how to get it in the US or to the US?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is distributed in maine - give a dealer there a call & they can ship it to you

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
that might be the easiest way to get a case or two for next year

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can help you out, but only if you will sing the "Rubber Boot" song! A true "newf" learns that one at his/her mother's breast.

Newfoundland is truly unique. Know why? They are on a half-four time zone!

Ahhh, Screech. Kick your ass it will!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was screeched in back in '92. I love that place. I spent nearly a year in Cornerbrook, Stephenville and St. Johns. I keep trying to get back for a hunt, wanted to get a newfie slam but that's going to be hard the way the woodland caribou are going.

I miss the fishing there as well.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
filmit---

I agree a Slam would be awesome. The workers at the Screech are telling me it will expand coverage into new parts of the US soon. I will let you all know if that happens. My friends and I there passed Screech to the US for me and California wines to the Newfies for a few years. I had a good thing going, but the Gov does not like that and stopped a shipment and sent me a nasty letter. I actually did not know it was a no-no !!!

For those of you who do not understand the Screeching-in ceremonies....you should look it up. There is a little Screech rum, some kissing of fish and a few Newfies just to give a hint. A few pics...

one of us
posted Hide Post
That photo of signal hill brings back some memories. I used to live on Queens St. right off the harbor not far from signal hill. Nothing like kissing a cod.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more if you so fancy. I have not been back since 2006 and I miss it. 1st trip in '01, then '03, then again in '06.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:

Lord Tunderin, what you got goin on wit dat wee minnow, der buy. A good eatin Cod gonna be a bit bigger, now doncha think.

Been working with Newfies for over 20 years now, I love the culture.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote