WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big, burly, powerful multiple bulb LED flashlight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are there big, burly, powerful multiple bulb LED flashlights that would be comparable with many "D" cell Mag-Lite or Kel-Lite, whose batteries last much longer than these halogen flashlights?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
Here

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at www.surefire.com

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I have a small 21 "bulb"led light that uses 3 aa batteries that is so bright ,it can be used as a weapon.You point it at some one and turn it on,they have to look away.
Ive had it for 3 years,havent changed the batteries yet. paid less than $5 for it with the batteries.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Maglite 2d with the 3 watt LED. That thing will knock over small children at fifty yards.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a small two-lithium cell light sold by pacifictactical.com. It's an Eagle Tac P10C2. It has two settings, one for 292 lumens, with a battery life estimated at 1.2 hours on high, and a 60 lumens setting with an estimated 10 hour battery life. On bright, it will illuminate a stop sign two hundred fifty yards away and will blind anyone instantly that you aim it at.

I carried and used this little light on my recent safari, used it extensively for weeks, have been home since the tenth, use it every night while walking my dog, and I'm still on my same set of batteries. It's brighter than anything Surefire has. It's rugged and well constructed.

To keep battery price down, I order in bulk from Surefire. It uses size 123A batteries. Much cheaper than Wal Mart.

Eagle Tac manufactures larger lights and brighter ones. I highly recommend this P10C2. I received it as a gift, and bought two more for my friends I went on safari with. It's a truly great light.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote