New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it just me???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Or is this place turning into a bad soap opera lately???More fricking drama than I can handle!!! Confused

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, just you...

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or is this place turning into a bad soap opera lately???More fricking drama than I can handle!!!

Yes, it is turning into more of a Soap Opera, and not just the ARPF.

On the whole site, the 55 and older crowd is watching the world they grew up in changing and not in a good way.

Those in the 30 to 50 crowd can't understand why the geezers are so cranky.

The geezers can't understand why the 30 to 50 year olds think that the geezers are all full of chit and have no idea of how things are.

The under 30 crowd has been being indoctrinated by the folks wanting to change the way America and Americans view their "Place"
in the New World Order ever since they were in Kindergarten.

But yes, this site and ever other site like it on the internet have turned into soap operas.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
Or is this place turning into a bad soap opera lately???More fricking drama than I can handle!!!

On the whole site, the 55 and older crowd is watching the world they grew up in changing and not in a good way.

The geezers can't understand why the 30 to 50 year olds think that the geezers are all full of chit and have no idea of how things are.

The under 30 crowd has been being indoctrinated by the folks wanting to change the way America and Americans view their "Place"

But yes, this site and ever other site like it on the internet have turned into soap operas.

You hit the nail on the head. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Damn Crazy, that's an excellent analysis. I hadn't viewed it that way but I do believe you are right.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Another hunting site I visit, that was started about 20 years ago, is in a somewhat different shape. It's dying do to lack of younger blood. Us old codgers were not willing to put up with the crap.

A site either adapts or dies. Much like everything else in life.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Happens here and other site every year about this time.

Everyone just needs a good strong dose of "Grannies Spring Tonic"

A trip to the lake. river or stream

And hunting seasons to roll back around

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bullshit....youngsters don't have time for this shit, hence they are out hunting and fucking while we sit here complaining about everything. I'll be 50 in a few months but I feel 30. I'm going to bed...lol.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just turned 55 last month and I'm not grumpy.

I don't bitch or whine about the things that I can't change but I do work hard to try to get things to turn out that way I want them to.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I'm not even 50 and I'm grumpy.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
If you cant run with the young dogs anymore

Sit on the porch and bitch

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
If you cant run with the young dogs anymore

Sit on the porch and bitch

The trouble is you cant teach the young dogs anything as they know it all,so all they do is run in circles and chase their tails. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
That's so true!

But we all did it....admit it or not

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

You hit the nail on the head. Big Grin

I disagree and I'm barely under 50. I think it's the older crowd specifically the "Baby Boomer" generation that let this mess happen.

It's us under 50 that have to fix it! And man we got a lot of work ahead of us.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Some interesting observations on the subject, but just one little tidbit that needs to be mentioned, is that if it were not for the Geezers/Baby Boomers/those that can no longer run with you Young Dogs, having worked their arses off so the young dogs would be able to go to college and have a better life, that many really do not seem to appreciate, attitudes might be a tad bit different.

So, I guess the geezers/baby boomers did create this mess by caring for and providing for their children, so they would have a better/easier life.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't go to college or have a Dad to take care of me, Mom was kind of a free spirit hippie type ( she got better though )..........I was raised by very loving Grandparents about the same vintage as your Mother, big city, old part.

Ran'l I think your perspective and experiences are a bit different than most Baby Boomers, especially the ones that are screwing this country into the ground. You had older parents and grew up in "Small Town" Texas. You where not the hippie, dope smoking, flag burning type I'll wager.

Those hippie, flag burning, dope smoking types ARE running this country know and have been for a few years. Hence the trouble.

Wasn't aimed at anybody in particular. The Greatest Generation in large raised a bunch of narcisitic wierdos, in general.

You old dogs can still hunt, and I enjoy hunting with ya'll, I got a bunch of "Geezer" buddies, they weren't hippie, flag burning, dope smoking types either.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a WWII baby and so am a pre boomer.My parents were people who survived the Depression.My Dad never took welfare or handouts.He said there was always work available for those who wanted it.He managed to work and put him self through College and get an Engineering degree during the Depression.My mother went to school after we boys were in school and got a Masters degree in Art.My parents never threw money around.My dad never had a new car in his life.They were frugal because they did not trust the government to do right.When I graduated from High School I was asked to get a job or get out.I joined the Military and was in for 6 years.When I got out I went to College and payed for it out of my pocket and the $100 a month from the VA.No one gave me shit.Now I am retired and collecting SSI and Medicare that I paid into my entire life and yet somehow I am responsible for how phucked up things are???I aint buying it.

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
I didn't go to college or have a Dad to take care of me, Mom was kind of a free spirit hippie type ( she got better though )..........I was raised by very loving Grandparents about the same vintage as your Mother, big city, old part.

Sure did leave you weird though. stir Big Grin

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sure did leave you weird though.

It happens.............

I don't have a pony tail and fart alot though... Cool

Hows it going Oddie?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WW2 baby myself. I'll have you know I'm neither cranky nor contrary. However as I age I find that I get a lot of enjoyment from antagonizing other people, particularly the younger crowd. GW

The possibilities for disaster boggle the mind.

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Smiler
So-so.
Lost my dad last month.
Might well be in TX in November.

quote:
quote:
quote:

It happens.............

Hows it going Oddie?

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oddbod:
Smiler
So-so.
Lost my dad last month.
Might well be in TX in November.

quote:
quote:
quote:

It happens.............

Hows it going Oddie?

PM inbound.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goatwhiskers:
WW2 baby myself. I'll have you know I'm neither cranky nor contrary. However as I age I find that I get a lot of enjoyment from antagonizing other people, particularly the younger crowd. GW

Aint it fun!!!!! Big Grin