New
Find
Notify
Tools

Take your wife hunting?!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got this pic from a Remington on-line advertisement!

There's something WRONG here! Eeker

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
We have a tradition on hunting trips. When dinner is served and prior to that we always toast absent wives and girl friends:

"Here's to our wives and girl friends, may they never meet!"

This just about covers the issue. tu2

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a neighbor who recently moved out here to the country from the city. Since he works out of town and is often gone for days at a time, they wanted have his wife learn to use a shotgun. I tought her how and now she shoots all the time. I did warn him though... once you teach your wife to use a 12ga, you can never go back. Be warned! Big Grin

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
i think what is wrong is where her barrel is pointed.

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes her barrel looks as if it pointed toward him. BUT look at the shadows in the grass. She is off a ways to his right side.

And yes, I tought my wife to shoot, and she has gone hunting with me in the past, as time permited.

J Wisner

Posts: 1441 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back when I grew up "Honey do you want to come out hunting" often meant a one way trip.

Like "Come out in the garden and Hold that fence post wile I bang it in with a sledge hammer"

OOPS!

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
You can take your wife hunting or not. That's pretty much a personal choice.

But I don't care who you are, you should NEVER turn your back on a woman with a shotgun.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rick boggs:
i think what is wrong is where her barrel is pointed.

This is the point I was trying to make! Wink

Maybe it looks worse because it was taken with a high-power telephoto lense....... but still! Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I think that guy should have his wife on his left side! Eeker

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Biggest problem I've found with taking my wife hunting is that it halves my available trophy fees.

But it's worth it. Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The whole point of hunting is to get away from the wife, though i did offer to take the mother in law shooting though she refused to hold the clays in her mouth....

Posts: 174 | Location: Cumbria | Registered: 30 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
After reading Hemmingway's Macomber story, not a chance.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Some of you peckerheads are pathetic sons of bitches.

The entire future of hunting depends on getting wives/girlfriends and kids involved.

I take Lora hunting anytime and everytime she is willing to go, and she is a damn fine shot, better than a lot of jerkwad macho types I have had the misfortune of sharing a camp with.

Between two marriages, I have been married 35+ years.

My first wife never really got into hunting or fishing and that is one of the reasons we deevorced.

Lora likes to fish more than hunt, and while she is a damn good shot, she has never tried to shoot me, and I have shot her once.

Admittedly, it was a riccochetting load of rat shot from a 22LR at night while I was shooting rats out of our feed room, but she got over it and has had plenty of opportunities for retribution and hasn't taken any of them.

I have also stabbed her once in the hand while skinning a goat, she does not try to reach in and help when I have a knife out anymore.

Getting wives/girlfriends and kids involved makes the whole thing more fun.

Maybe some of you all need to either give up hunting, or trying to breed every female you run across.

I wish Lora would go more often as I find it much more pleasurable to share the blind with her than with some class A chit head that wants to talk about all the women he ain't really had sex with.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awful lot of generalizations being thrown around there, Crazyhorse. You're off base with the name calling and characterizations. All of my hunting buddies are married and respect their wives a great deal......that doesn't mean we can't have a little laughter reminiscing about the past, does it?

We all respect our quarry and have fun at the same time. You're full of shit on this one. You have a thorn in your shoe or something?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
So how long was the sex ban after you shot her?

The longest I ever got was one month for failing to react with something other than glee after hitting something furry on the motorway.

Which should also explain why I don't take the girlfriend hunting, by the way.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Norton, I ain't off base about anythingon this one.

I have talked to too many men that wished their wives would get interested in hunting and fishing.

This is a theme that rears its head every so often on the forums, yet I have found over the years, especially with some vocal types, that what thery do concerning the inclusion of their spouse in outdoor activities is a lot different then what they BS about.

Norton, you ain't the first and will damn sure not be the last to say that I am full of shit about something, but I do have the right to express my opinion on this subject just the same as everyone else.

My opinion is that too damn goobers try to make out like they are REAL MEN and rule the roost at their house, when in reality many of them have to do a long list of Honey Do's and get a kitchen pass from the Boss to even be able to go out for a weekend.

They use all kinds of excuses, I have heard a bunch of them, simply because the spineless cowards won't admit the truth.

I have also found that getting a wife/girl friend involved in hunting and fishing makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to get them to more open and acceptive of new equipment purchases and booking hunts, then when they are blocked out.

I have a similar opinion on the whole "Man Cave" BS.

GHubert, around my house, sex is not used as a bargaining tool in any circumstance or under any condition.

We enjoy a healthy sex life and it is not determined by daily happenings or differences of opinion on any issue,
anyone, male or female in a relationship that withholds sex from their partner or uses it as a bargaining chip ain't any different than a prostitute.

People want to get mad about that statement, go right ahead, but think about it for one second before you do.

There is not one thing basically different between charging money or forcing ones wishes on their sex partner in order to have sex.

Norton, at no point have I asked you or anyone else to agree with me on this or any other subject.

I just feel and believe that many folks make an issue of this subject, that exists more on the internet than it does in real life.

To me, too many guys, especially younger ones seem to be unduly threatened of their manhood and their place in the family unit.

And NO i don't have a thorn in my shoe or anywhere else for that matter, I am a realist and I have watched couples in healthy relationships and couples that weren't.

In a healthy relationship it is a matter of give and take and respect, too damn many young folks seem to want to have a relationship with someone, yet continue to do their own thing, without the give and take and sharing.

I am like an old Indian Chief, I make sure there is food on the table and the lodge is adequate for my family, BUT, when I decide to go hunting or fishing, I God Damn go hunting or fishing and give my wife the option of going or not, BUT REGARDLESS OF HER DECISION, I WILL BE GOING AND DOING WHAT I WANT TO AND THERE IS NO ARGUEMENT OR REPERCUSSIONS.

This is an issue that me and you and me and a lot of folks ain't ever going to agree on, but when I look back on all the hunts I have been able to go on and all of ther neat things I have been able see and do, BECAUSE I have included Lora when she wanted to go, I have no pity in my heart for all of the folks that have the relationships some of you claim too.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Since when did Walter's General Discussions become so serious? I think that clearly most of what's been said here was just funnin'. lighten up Roll Eyes

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
So you manged to both shoot and sleep with her on the same night?!!

You're a ruddy hero mate! salute

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey crazyhorse.......I know who's boss in my house.....and it ain't me! Wink

As long as I can hunt and fish, she can rule the roost. I have no vices other than a cheekful of Redman when I'm in the woods or on the water(sad and boring, eh?).

Bottom line, I still don't see your point. Yeah, yeah....we get it, you love your wife and respect her more than the rest of us. Roll Eyes

Lighten up, Francis.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daniel, Fun like Ethics is an INDIVIDUAL concept.

Or do you believe that EVERYONE has the same concept of what is and is not funny?

Ghubert, it has all became a big joke in mine and Lora's marriage, which we will be celebrating our 18th. anniversary this August 29th.

If things go as planned, we will be celebrating it some where on the road to Idaho for a bear hunt.

People think I take things too serious, which is about as far from the truth as is possible and still be in this solar system.

I just believe in speaking my mind on subjects and some folks have just reached a point in de-evolvement that they can't understand or deal with a person that is able to express a free thought, that is neither popular or PC.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
De-evolvement? Understand YOU? Ummmmm.......OK, Einstein. It's your opinion, we get it.....very long-winded and self-righteous, me thinks.

Ask anyone who knows me if I'm PC..... rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but isn't it fun to be able to have these type conversations on an internet forum without some bastard locking it down and banning all involved?

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Daniel, Fun like Ethics is an INDIVIDUAL concept.

Or do you believe that EVERYONE has the same concept of what is and is not funny?

CHC,
Not sure where ethics enters into this discussion, but I certainly agree that humor is up to the individual. I also assert that it is fairly obvious that all involved here were making typical tongue in cheek comments. I'm sure that if asked, well over 90% of us would prefer it if our spouses enjoyed/participated in our outdoor pursuits. I say this using the same judgment that would allow me to still be comfortable around you with a gun or knife now knowing that you've shot and stabbed your wife. Big Grin

You are certainly allowed your opinion, but coming into a lose, laid back, tongue in cheek, good ole boy, joke session by calling most involved peckerwoods, pantywaists, and SOBs was a bit out of line. IMO. archer

I've read enough of your stuff to figure that you are just naturally prickly and I take no real offense, but come on. Surely you can see that your initial response was a bit over the top and unwarranted? After reading a bunch of what these various posters have written over time, I can honestly say that I'd enjoy sharing a fire and a beer with the majority of them, including you.

"Can't we all just get along?" -Rodney King

Just in case you haven't correctly interprted the tone of all these ramblings, nearly all of this is tongue in cheek as well.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The paralelle(sp) that I was drawing between fun and ethics, is that Both of them, on varying levels are individual concepts.

Being considered prickly or out of line about something is nothing new in the way folks view my posts, problem is, that you and some other folks tend to forget is, that the Internet, is an extremely impersonal medium for information exchange.

People actually setting around a campfire BS'ing could and do say the same things and no one thinks a thing about it.

Words typed and posted, in my experience are reacted to differently by some folks, than the spoken word is.

There is no voice inflections or facial expressions to be judged, only words.

I feel that with a few exceptions, that most of the folks on this site could share a campfire together and not have any problems.

The problems arise when folks begin judging people by the words that appear in their responses/posts, to me that is probably the poorest way to judge or attempt to judge the actual character of anyone.

I just happen to view this subject in a different light than many folks, part of that is from having been married twice, 17 years to the first wife and now going on 18 to the second.

I see what the differences were in the two marriages, and I also have spent 40 years dealing with various aquaintences and their marital goings on.

I just feel that a lot of the guys that claim to have it so rough, don't really, and allow themselves to be in the situation they are in.

There are some issues that I find no fun in, this is one of them.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Don't have a wife. Would one of you lend me one?

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boondocker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Don't have a wife. Would one of you lend me one?

Naw I would be afraid you with give her back lol. All seriousness aside I want and let my wife get involved in anything she wants too. I do enjoy the company of the better half. She shoots on occasion and she loves fishing for trout in the creeks. She helps with the game processing ( whole family thing) now she is going to take up golf yee haw. Where I golf is all hill and walk 18 holes and she will walk also for the exercise. 30 years of bliss just keeps getting better. Yessir she is a great unit. There is a woman local here that is a 1000 yard shooting champ that is in trouble for shooting and killing her husband bear hunting in canada a few years ago. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.”

When the SHTF he with the most lead will retain the most gold!

Posts: 647 | Location: Pa | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a great feeling to see your wife drop a trophy in it's tracks after a great stalk.

Posts: 94 | Location: South Eastern PA | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
bewildered

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine has been following me on adventures for 33 years. Hunting, fishing, working north of the arctic circle. heck she is always there..

Watson lake.

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife is my hunting and fishing partner along with both my sons, she was hunting and fishing long before I met her, and we've been married since just after high school. She's ridden horseback into some of the roughest terrain in the Rockies to get an elk, she's stared down a grizzly bear, rifle shouldered, while I gutted an Elk, she baits her own hooks when we're out fishing, dresses all her own game, and as a family we have processed thousands of pounds of meat. My Oldest son will be leaving home soon, and my youngest has about 3 years to go, so my wife is very important in my hunting future, cause when my boys are gone, she'll still be there, out in the field or down by the lake, she'll be by my side gun or pole in hand enjoying our time together.

Colin

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mom is one of if not my best guide and my fiancé who came from a big-city is starting to scout and hunt with me and I would much rather have it like that then her shopping all the time.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted Hide Post
the only "drawback" to my wife hunting (and she is every bit as crazy about hunting as I am) is that hunting costs us twice as much!

We're off to Africa next month, and she's got $4000 in trophy fees burning a hole in her pocket, with Kudu, Wildebeast, and Zebra high on her list.

Troy Hibbitts

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Other then the guy might be losing a foot soon I would love to take my wife hunting. She could care less about guns and shooting in general so I doubt it will ever happen. On the other hand she may very well go and enjoy the camping aspect of it while letting the "guys" do the hunting. That would be great in it's own right.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
anyone, male or female in a relationship that withholds sex from their partner or uses it as a bargaining chip ain't any different than a prostitute.

People want to get mad about that statement, go right ahead, but think about it for one second before you do.

There is not one thing basically different between charging money or forcing ones wishes on their sex partner in order to have sex.
Great marital advice

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
It just pisses her off when I do

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take your wife hunting???
You bet. For 34 years I have dragged her all over the place. Would not have it any other way,,
Watson Lake

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I think the only reason my wife lets me come along on her hunting trips is because I can carry twice as much meat out as she can..... She's funny, though, because she won't hunt unless I am there, and unless the weather is nice, and the dog well-trained. And her guns clean, and her ammo loaded.

Which is just fine with me, because she cleans the birds when I get home and clean the guns and put up the dogs.

Some of my fondest memories are of hunting trips with her. I just can't think of a reason not to have her come with. JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of partsman
posted Hide Post

"The problem with the gene pool is there is no lifeguard"

Posts: 171 | Location: Poco , B.C. Canada | Registered: 11 April 2002Reply With Quote