New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter S. Thompson.......
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
American journalist, author & creator of Gonzo journalism passed 2/20/05.... a toast of Wild Turkey to you sir........r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."

My attorney has advised me to order rum and shaved ice in memory of Raoul Duke!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 606 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the Pitkin County Colorado candidate for sheriff in 1970. Remember the Freak Power ticket? Neither Democrat nor Republican. If you can find one of his campaign posters, hold onto it. I saw one sold for $4,000. Rip up the streets in Aspen, rename it Fat City, legalize personal consumption of drugs... He may have done as much for the .44 Magnum revolver as the Dirty Harry movies.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I understand that Thompson was also an owner and all-around big fan of the .300 Weatherby Magnum - although his gun handling practices were allegedly quite reckless.

He didn't seem to appreciate that booze and drugs don't mix with firearms. Sort of like Elvis Presley in that regard, come to think of it. Not cool. thumbdown

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote