WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who can replace my ring's missing stone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
While washing dishes, the stone cemented to my NCAA championship ring popped out and down he drain pipe. A few days later, I disassembled the pipe to see whether the stone was trapped at the bend. It wasn't.

I talked with the ring manufacturer - the stone can be replaced with an identical stone at no cost other than shipping - and asked whether the dark blue glass stone could be replaced at additional cost with a synthetic sapphire or star sapphire. The stone cannot be upgraded. At the time the ring(s) were received, I could not afford a more desirable stone; now I can.

I seek a jeweler or craftsman who can replace my missing stone with a synthetic sapphire or star sapphire.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a bench jeweler and own a store in Illinois. Send me a pic and I'll let you know what I think.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
If you are going to do it then I suggest you go with a real star sapphire. I've never seen a synthetic one that looked real and some of them are simply atrocious. A good one will hold its value better than gold. I like the ones from SE Asia. I have a cornflower blue star I picked out in Thailand. I wish I had picked up a few more.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote