Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Pubs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted
Okay, I am building a new house. The basement is gonna be a walkout with an indoor range, and a pub. I love the UK pubs and would like to know what you guys across the pond like, what your favorite?

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
I know it’s not a traditional pub in any sense and I’m not from across the pond….But....A nice place to hang out with friends and knock a few back is pretty universal eh?

My favorite hangout is Mario’s Fishbowl in Morgantown WV…

Here it is from the outside...

Here it is from the inside...

Another inside view...

Here is one of their famous ice cold fishbowls of beer…

Mario’s Fishbowl (or as I call it “The Fishbowlâ€) has been around since the 1950’s and has an awesome home town feel about it…

The postcards on the wall are from first time visitors and regulars commemorating some good times they’ve had there…some of them date clear back to the 1970’s…

My buddy who came in from Ireland has a sign on the wall that reads "I came all the way from Ireland to drink at the Fishbowl"…

The juke box has about one of the best selections I’ve ever seen…I know my favorite songs by heart and don’t even have to look the numbers up…

If you can toss a quarter into the green vase above the bar you win a free beer….it’s now only one per customer b/c a buddy of mine managed five in a row one night…You can guess what our sign on the wall is about…

They have monthly and annual drawings to win three free beers a day for a year/month….

I won it for the year about three years ago….needless to say the proprietors were thrilled when my term was up…

My friends and I have had a lot of good times there…

I guess that what it’s all about…

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Here's my choice, also not your traditional pub, Mak's Ice House, McKinney @ Cullen, Houston, best party in town on Sunday afternoons:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The obvious answer is the closest one. clap

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seriously, here are a couple of sites that might help. I think some of them are cheaper than you can have them built for and they're the real deal.....Pubs I and pubs II

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, Gatogordo. Just what I was looking for. I like the dark magogany.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post

Near Hoedspruit, RSA.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
The Crown Bar in Belfast is possibly the best pub in the world:

http://www.crownbar.com/gallery.asp

Unfortunately it is now full of tourists.

McConville's pub in Portadown Co Armagh is the next best thing - and it does not do tourists.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Yes Brian ... The Crown sans tourists is hard to beat, but that's a bit like expecting Robinsons to be sans crumpet .... Wink

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one of my favorite traditional pubs across the pond:

It's got to be one of the finest, if not the finest アイリッシュ カントリー コテージ パブ you're likely to stumble across anywhere. Conveniently located, too; not more than a 3 minute walk from the main gate of COMFLEACTS Yokosuka.

Posts: 8938 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With Quote