Find
Notify
Tools

Suicide Might Be the ONLY Answer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know.....
Ole Buck Owens saw what was happening in Kalifornia waaaay before most folks.
Remember these lyrics?
"I got the huuungries for your love and I'm a waitin in your welfare line".

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep, David Allen Coe

Wasn't that his first album? Don't remember for sure.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Tony
The BEE GEES, really. You gotta be kinding me. They are the definition of "SUCK".

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1240 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Question IS, how could I, begin to start liking Classic Country Western Music???

Could this really be the Beginning of the End, the END of DAYS???

The Apocolyspe, the Rapture???

The fullfilment of the Myan Calendar???

No 450, it simply means you are getting older and your taste is becoming more refined. However, you are looking in the right direction to foresee the end of times, music is an indicator of the direction (progression or regression) of our society. That being said, I am sure all will agree the below is the much ignored "5th Horseman of the apocolypse".

One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
I like both kinds of music, both country and western.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Go to Amazon and order Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys - "For the Last Time".
Been listening to it since 1977. It never gets old.
The entire evening shift would get off at midnight, we'd go to my apartment and listen to the album while discussing the evenings "events" over an adult bevrage.
Great memories.

I like lots of kinds of music but the C'rap kind does nothing for me.

"It ain't lion hunting unless you get stitches." - John in WYO

"It became aquatic, briefly." Ann ~ Aspen Hill Adventures

The bear has to touch you to hurt you. Don’t let the bear touch you.

Posts: 239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sam308:
Don't forget David Allan Coe.

The loudmouth in the corner's gettin to me...

Hell, I stopped him in 1978 for no taillights. He was driving his own bus!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kda55:
Is it legal in Texas to mention Bee Gees and rock and roll in the same sentence???

Not in Wyoming!

one of us
posted Hide Post
yep looks like suicide is your answer........ i'll be 60 in 2 years and i get nausious whenever i hear that twangy depressing country crap.................................. i love classic rock and i do listen to mozart once in a while.......

i wonder how the egyptians are going to like sharia law.....................................

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I like a lot of Rock, and Roll, and some Country, but I just cannot go Rap...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Well I like a lot of Rock, and Roll, and some Country, but I just cannot go Rap...

It is amazing how many things we agree on! rotflmo

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Have a listen to Hank Williams III. I've been listening to him a lot lately Definatly Country/Rock. Think Hank Williams sr voice singing hard rock

Its a hoot

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Austin Willie,Ray + I still believe Bob is still the King.

Posts: 4220 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a time thing. When I was young I listened to no country music - now I listen to the Country Legends station in my truck instead of the new bubblegum country. I can also tell the change because I have no hair, keep a bottle of bourbon handy in the kitchen, make the family run even while paying for everything, and drive an old manual shift truck. I have become my Dad. Eeker

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So I guess if I stated I like Evenessance, Journey, Moody Blues, Chicago, Tangerine Dream, REO, Cat Stevens, Jethro Tull, The Doors, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, [well I could go on]... It would Freek some of you out...

I like Trace Askins as well...

Will that keep me from being Tarred and Feathered???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see the show a few months ago on Playdium? It was a Tribute to the Fender Stratocaster, 50th Anniversary, The Strat Pack. It started with the original Crickets and ended up with David Gilmore? Brought back a lot of good time memories.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
I have eclectic taste in music. But, my dad was a musician with broad taste and that's probably where I get it from. My dad played banjo, rhythm, and lead guitar. Just depended on what was needed. He got me my first guitar when I was 10. But, he made sure that I could competently change between the chords of C, Am, F, and G, first. Lol. I also play flute and piano.
He always had me surrounded by music. I grew up on Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Sam Cooke, ZZTop, Rod Stewart, Jethro Tull, Jim Croce, The Animals, Boston, John Prine, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, etc.
My mom had a little different taste. She had me singing and dancing to Beau Brummels, Del Shannon, Hermans Hermits, The Beatles, Diana Ross, The Four Tops, Heart, Bread, Air Supply, Gordon Lightfoot, etc.
I still love all that music. Plus more. I also like alternative, metal, and even some rap.
I don't judge anyone's taste in music, cuz I love it all and I spend considerable time listening to live original music, which Texas has plenty of. Cool

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote