New
Find
Notify
Tools

R.I.P. Les Paul, guitar legend
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
as of Noon Thursday 13AUG09 Fox News is reporting that Guitar Legend and Electric guitar innovator Les Paul has died at the age of 94.

RIP Les

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although i don't like their bridges and necks,I have tried almost any Gibson model:thunderbird,flyingV,explorer,les paul classic,studio,custom,SG,semi acoustic and signature models etc..

Very warm and cool sound,with an exceptional sustain.
RIP Les Paul

Posts: 110 | Location: Italy | Registered: 26 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les Paul? Isn't he the guy who makes them really nice ARs?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RIP Les...

Innovator for sure, and a great guitarist as well... sadly missed.

However despite what the press would have us all believe, he didn't 'invent' the the electric guitar.

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a life, and what a legacy. RIP Les

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Les Paul was out of production in the US when Eric Clapton found one in a pawn shop.

He was impressed with the sustain. [It is a heavy guitar].

He told his friends. They used them. The images of Eric Clapton's friends playing Les Paul guitars is in the chain of cause and effect that lead to the reintroduction by Gibson and ultimately, this thread.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote