New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having a ball, thanks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wow! since you guys tricked me into returning to black powder and muzzle loader, Im having a ball zinging round ball thruout the neighborhood. I had forgotten how much fun it is, and can't wait until Elk and deer season, I figure a cow elk and three or 4 buck deer on the minu between Idaho, Colorado and Texas. I can probably finagle a doe cull, and that's meat for the orphanage, we usually shot 30 to 40 does on that Texas ranch, all of which go to charity. Part of a management program between the local ranchers and Texas Fish and wildlife..Great program..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41868 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, glad those old soot-burners are putting a smile on your face.

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it; I was out this week shooting a .54 flintlock; those are the real fun. And more reliable than that modern cap stuff. (Maybe not in the rain)
As I ask people; what will you do when you run out of caps? I can always find rocks.

Posts: 17129 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of fun- reminds me I haven't shot my .58 Cal lately....

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post