New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rechambering a Shiloh Sharps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Talked to the nice folks at Shiloh and the .40-50 BN Saddle Rifle is going to make the trip to Montana on Monday and when it returns I will have a .40-90 BN. Been wanting one of those for a long time. The .40-50 was fun but the 90 should be more fun. I plan on using paper patch bullets exclusively.

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh no...the "Black Magic" of paper-patch!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have to use BLACK PAPER ??? Or is that just Jersey thing ? 2020

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paper patch is a great way to go. It is easy to do and no magic involved. Now, if you are talking Blasers....then....that's black magic.

Posts: 2747 | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pace, that is a very intriguing cartridge. Not so many years ago, the old wives' folk wisdom was that the bottlenecked cases fouled much worse than the straight walls. Today, guys hip to loading technique and fouling control are winning with such oldies as the .44-77. May the Force be with you!
hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I had a Montana Roughrider in .40-70 Bottle Neck and it was very easy to get to shoot accurately with grease groove bullets but I had not yet delved into paper patch bullets back then. Hopefully I can have some good luck with the .40-90.

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post