THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    I hope Geedubya thinks imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hope Geedubya thinks imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted
Back in 2014, I interacted with Geedubya when he posted on this thread http://forums.accuratereloadin...721073602#8721073602

His Dale Howe brisket splitting knife really intrigued me. So I finally decided to make my own version of this knife. The steel I used is CPM 3V which is super hard once its heat treated. The is the first time I used 3V and it was an education. Handle is black Micarta, with red G10 liners and brass corby bolts. Its not perfect, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Thanks to Geedubya and Dale Howe for the inspiration tu2

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looks good! Congrats! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Looks good! Congrats! tu2

Thanks mate tu2

Posts: 425 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice knife for sure.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I think Geedubya would approve, no question.
In that link to the 2015 thread, there was a link to a photo essay on how to butcher a wild hog that I bookmarked and will study. It has been decades since I field-dressed a deer, I am sorry to confess, and I need to learn all over again just in case I get the chance to kill one of these fabled Texas feral hogs ...
hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
You need a beer in the picture with the knife

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

I probably do, but I dont drink beer. I guess I could include a glass of scotch next time?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana_500:
quote:

I probably do, but I dont drink beer. I guess I could include a glass of scotch next time?

There was a beverage posted with Geedubya knife pictures all the time. beer

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana_500
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was a beverage posted with Geedubya knife pictures all the time. beer

Either a beverage or a dead animal. I guess I am letting the side down. hilbily hilbily hilbily

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
And don't forget the cigar!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job on that knife

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking, functional knife, nice job. I don't have the machinery to grind and shape a blade from a blank but I've learned how to install micarta scales and shape them on some NOS knife blanks on hand. Have to say it was a very satisfying and rewarding experience, pride of ownership thing.