Find
Notify
Tools

Fallkniven, Idun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted
Hi does anybody own this knive and if you do what are the pros and cons. It looks very good to me and I am very tempted to buy it.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sherpi, I have a Frej which is to the Fallkniven S-1 like the Idun is to the F-1. I would probably trade my Frej for an Idun because I think the blade length and shape of the Idun/F-1 is nearly perfect for all around hunting. I found the leather handle a little slippery until you wear off the varnish around it as new. The steel is very good laminated VG-10. They come with a thicker nicer sheath than do the average Fallkniven. If you can get an Idun for a decent price it's a nice knive. My only complaint is that when knives start getting over $250 or so they better be REAL nice. You can get Doziers starting at $200 or so or even have some custom knives made to order.....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherpi:
Hi does anybody own this knive and if you do what are the pros and cons. It looks very good to me and I am very tempted to buy it.

TRy the model "B". Or the "GM" model.

http://www.cavemanengineering.com/main.html

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I kind of like this one Dream Knife

That knife is awesome!

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote