THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Anyone ever use the gutting blade on a Victorinox Hunter?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever use the gutting blade on a Victorinox Hunter?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
I carry too much crap with me to the deer stand I've decided. Nowadays, I can just leave all that stuff in the UTV or truck depending on where I'm hunting, The past couple of years I've started using a Havalon Hydra knife for a lot of the cutting up but don't need to have that in the stand with me when I think about it. However, I do really really like to have something with a gutting blade that I may never use if I drive a motorized vehicle to the animal. Anyway, thinking about getting a Victorinox Hunter (not Hunstman). I;m just wondering if anyone has ever actually used this blade:

There's a more robust and modern one now, but unless that gutting blade works somehow better I'd rather go with the smaller one:

Anyway, I'b be interested to hear if anyone has actually used one of these blades and they proved useful. Thanks, Mark

P.S.- sorry about the picture sizes!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote