New
Find
Notify
Tools

ESEE 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just ordered one....I'll let you all know when I get it.

Anyone have one??

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
My good friend is into the bushcraft/minimalist scene and has an ESEE 4. He loves it. Talked me into getting a 3. It is in the mail. Looking forward to seeing if is worth the money. I have a mora and for 15.00 it is dam hard to beat. I'll let you know once I get it.

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I have the 4 and like it a lot. First kydex sheath and love it too.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I carried an ESEE 3 while on safari in Zimbabwe. I did not get a chance to use it much, but it carried fairly easily and fulfilled every use for which I needed a knife. I am quite happy with mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used them a lot and love them. Took a 4 to Africa this year and helped skin a Buffalo with it. Very good tools.

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dieseltrucker
posted Hide Post
Got my 3 in, and I must say it is quite handy. It came with a remarkably sharp blade, hand honed at 20 degrees. Mine has the g-10 handles, and while somewhat thin, very comfortable in the hand. blade is coated so the 1095 carbon steel will not rust. Well balanced and a delight to carry. worth the 100 bucks I paid? Only time will tell.

Posts: 240 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine and skinned and dismembered a doe with it last month. What a sharp blade and it held its edge for a long time even after skinning, quartering, and doing some butchering with it.

I am very happy with it

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote