Find
Notify
Tools

Knife laws in Europe??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

One of the members of the family seems headed to live in Europe for a couple of years. He's a bit concerned about taking some of his knife collection.

Can any of our European members give us their impressions of what is and is not allowed in various countries ... such as maximum length, number of edges, etc? (He's obviously not thinking of carrying a knife!)

Thank you very much!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
In Sweden you can leagaly posess any knives of any design if you are over 18. You are not allowed to carry a knife in public areas unless you need it in your job or for instance on your way to a hunt or fishing trip and need to buy some stuff on the way.

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Here, in Czech Republic, there is no limitation for owning knives. Maybe there is limit 18 years, I don't know, I carry knives since my ten or so and never had a problem. But as everywhere, you will look very strange with 9" knife in airport hall ;-)

Jiri

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Knives, like firearms, are subject to different legislation depending on the country. To which country are they moving?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote