New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a knife - Lone Wolf
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good morning (EST) to all you gentlemen and ladies.

I am a hobby collector of knifes and really like the Bob Loveless "Drop Point Hunter" but it has become too pricey for me. Instead, I have tried to purchase the "authorized production copies" that have his name stamped on the blade. I believe I have accomplished this with the exception of the one made by Lone Wolf.

After multiple searches on-line, nobody seems to have one for sale. Many of the retail outlets still carry the picture and description, but it is no longer available.

Would anyone here have an idea of where to purchase one? I utilize AR on my lunch and breaks at work, so pardon me if I delay in replies.

Best regards,

Fred Gordon

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several of them on ebay at this time. Type in "Lone Wolf Loveless" in search and see if any of them fit your need.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gatogordo,

I didn't look before I posted, and this is the closes I have found on ebay yet - good call.

The burled handle fixed blade is in perfect condition, but doesn't look to be the drop point. The folding drop point, I would make due with (instead of the fixed blade), but it has been used with some minor damage on the handle.

Over a few months (and I don't keep real close watch) this is the best representation on ebay so far. I guess I need to just keep watching.

Best regards,

Fred

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Not sure what budget you are trying to stay within but Gene Ingrahm (sp?)Provision Forge, makes very nice Loveless style drop points. He also sells blanks if you are inclined to finishing one yourself.

I just got a Blind Horse Knives, and am quite happy with it at a reasonable price. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a drop point hunter, but a Loveless by Lone Wolf.
One of the "working" knives in my collection.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BigNate,

I wish I was talented enough to finish one myself. Maybe after retirement and I first take up reloading.

For my humble collection I was trying to get "authorized" copies, similar to GWB's pictures. There are truly wonderful quality custom "Loveless Style" drop point hunters that are much better than the stamped copies, but I am trying to complete a set.

I presently have a Schrade, Beretta, and Gerber authorized copy with the Loveless name stamped on the blade. From the reading materials I have, I believe that Lone Wolf is the only one missing. BTW - The Schrade is questionable about the style. Back in the 70's, it wasn't called a drop point hunter, only a hunter.

Best regards,

Fred