Find
Notify
Tools

Capstick African
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I don't know much about knives and I have no idea where the Capstick African fits in the AR pantheon of knives, but I sure like mine. I got it from http://www.damascususa.com

They will etch your name on one side.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting one of those for a while.
NICE!

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find on the website what steels are used in the damascus .Can you tell me ?

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Mete, I don't know what kind of steel they use (and if they told me I wouldn't know what it means) but on the web site home page there is a link to contact Rob Charlton. I presume he would be able to tell you everything you want to know.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the African and the American. I have heard great things about these knives.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wink,

We seem to be crossing paths on a lot of this stuff.

I ordered the Short Bowie blank from Damascus USA back in October. I'm going to have an Impala horn handle put on it.

Should make a nice knife for hunts where the PH and staff carry the bigger knives.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Im and admirer of the literary work of P. Capstick and this knife is really spectacular ,where can i order it .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Juan, take a look at my first post in this thread and click on the web site address. One can order over the web but making a phone call would probably be faster. The Capstick African may not be in stock and there may a waiting time during fabrication. Nothing like the 4 to 5 years you have to wait for a Randall however.