THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Cabellas - Alaskan Hunter Knives - by Buck

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabellas - Alaskan Hunter Knives - by Buck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any comments on these, blade is S30V steel, and the Vanguard runs about $90. Thinking about getting one of these for myself.

I have a mind like a steel trap... rusty and illegial in 37 states.

Posts: 163 | Location: Upstate, NY | Registered: 26 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure which model you mean in the Alaskan Hunter series but I sure do like the Alaskan Guide Series Buck Vanguard with S30V blade!!! I'd probably get it with the rubber handle to avoid slippage when it get's bloody when field dressing game.

Here it is

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
I recently bought 3 of the Gerber s30v blades that they make for Cabela's. The steel is excellent.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I had a Buck Vanguard with a rubber handle it was one of the best knives I have had. Some ahole stold it from me though. Since I know nothing about knives I don't know if what I am buying is crap or great. I have looked at the Cold Steel master hunter, one is stainless and the other is not. Any opinions on these?

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote