Find
Notify
Tools

Knife display case
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I now have four or five knives that I would like to diplay. What exists in a wall mounted display case? Are there any cases where the knives can be displayed with taste and yet be secure from theft?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I would love to display my knives and my guns for that matter.
quote:
Are there any cases where the knives can be displayed with taste and yet be secure from theft?

out of sight out of mind. Keep them in the gun safe.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Foxfire, my guns are in the gunsafe and I don't even have a simple rack in the living room. However, the trophies give away the fact that there must be guns in the house somewhere. But when I have a few friends over for a drink or a barbecue it would be nice to have them displayed and easily accessible as chances are talk will turn to the rifles and I will have to go get them out the safe anyway.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Wink,
Naturally I would love to display my guns and my knives. But the area I live in says don't do.
Now on to another thought.
I hate it when people want to see my guns, they pick them up touch them all over and then I have to clean them to put them back.
A gun nut is different, they know where and what to touch instead of putting their hands on every inch of blue.
I'd love to show them but I'm not going to.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
As for showing my guns to people who have never owned or fired one, I share your apprehension. They always seem to have just eaten salted potatoe chips, grab firearms by the barrel with sweaty palms, accidently touch the frontal lens of the scope with greasy, salty fingers, etc. Then again, sometimes you can instill some interest and gain a convert, and that is always worth doing. I now have no hesitation making them wash their hands first and I pull out the gun rag for an immediate wipe down when I show them to the non-initiated.